aberdeen-music

Best Drummer in Aberdeen?

Metal_head_Redneck

• 2 weeks later...

Whats TR-808? Take it thats a drum machine.

I haven't seen very many drummers round Aberdeen to be honest so my opinion might be biased. Jerry Mcrobb was one of my faves.

Tunk is incredible on his kit. He doesn't believe in flashy but is really solid and knows his stuff.

Stuart Ritchie is awesome as well.

Off topic as he is famous but been listening to Joey Jordison lately and he is spectacular

Guest droid
Nick DeVries "Hairy bear" is the best local drummer I've seen play live... could out-drum any other local I've seen play.

Go and see Dave Innes.......best by drummer in town right now!

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Ha, this is a funny thread.

However I shall have my say, obviously I have not been in town much lately so this can only be my opinion.

Patrick Kunka who I believe is from Aberdeen is certainly the youngest and most talented drummer to come from here lately, and without any shadow of a doubt will become the best all round drummer to come from here, and in time probably the UK, he is already that good.

Dave Inness and Stuart Ritchie are both fantastic players, Stuart in particular is a big player on the national jazz scene. But Dave, stop stealing Steve Smith's licks. ha ha

Players who I have seen over the years in local venues who have impressed are, Colin Fraser from the old band Palace is very good, Tunk from ABDC and a few other bands I have seen play but don't know there names is a very solid and consistent rock player and probably the best rock player i have seen in town, Bill Kemp is an amazing old school Jazz player who I could watch all day, and there was a big band player called Graeme Spry who was also exceptional, although i haven't seen him play since I got back in town.

Tomas

Patrick Kunka who I believe is from Aberdeen is certainly the youngest and most talented drummer to come from here lately, and without any shadow of a doubt will become the best all round drummer to come from here, and in time probably the UK, he is already that good.

Patrick is good at jazz,this dude is good at everything!Also you forgot about Seb Roachford.

Steve the scotsman Harvey on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

Patrick is good at jazz,this dude is good at everything!Also you forgot about Seb Roachford.

Steve the scotsman Harvey on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

I'm pretty sure it's actually Sebastian Rochford, miss out the "a", and anyone who is happy to tour with Pete Doherty looses all respect with me. ha ha

Tomas

Whatever dude,you still forgot him...I'D LIKE TO HEAR YOU PLAY! lolz Tell me when you are and i'll see if you are anyone worth while booking!

Whatever dude,you still forgot him...I'D LIKE TO HEAR YOU PLAY! lolz Tell me when you are and i'll see if you are anyone worth while booking!

I didn't mean to get in any arguments dude. I'm not sure how long I'll be back in town, and I have no band to play with at present and don't intend being here too long so I won't be playing in public in Aberdeen anytime soon. And I haven't once said I am anything special. But i do have a piece of paper thats states my playing is of a certain standard.

As a matter of interest are you playing anytime soon? Do you play? Just so I can pass judgement as you've tried to do to me?

Tomas

You came across as very arrogant,as a matter of fact i was playing with Innes last nite ....a bit of jazz funk in Drummonds.Bit's of paper mean nothing to me...it's how good you listen! peace.Three great british jazz drummers,Ian Thomas,Ralph Salmins and James Powell[who i have played with]. :up:

You came across as very arrogant,as a matter of fact i was playing with Innes last nite ....a bit of jazz funk in Drummonds.Bit's of paper mean nothing to me...it's how good you listen! peace.Three great british jazz drummers,Ian Thomas,Ralph Salmins and James Powell[who i have played with]. :up:

Well I apologise if I came accross as arrogant, maybe you can forgive me as English is my second language.

I'm not going to start shouting how good I think I am, cause at the end of the day it is up to others what they think of my playing! But at the same time I really enjoy and have confidence in what i do, I don't need others to pat me on the back.

Tomas

Who was the guy that played in the house band at the live jazz at kef? Think his name was maybe fraser? He was a fucking ace drummer. Could watch him drum all night.

Fraser Peterkin.

I've been told in the past that my drumming, even though I'm self taught and that was on a really rubbish kit, was not to everyones taste.

In fact I think the term used was "you're a F**king shite drummer"

So if you're looking at changing the thread around a bit, I want to put myself up as the worst drummer in Aberdeen (or very nearby).

In fact my drumming is so bad, I can't even use a drum machine....beat that! (no pun intended):king:

I've been told in the past that my drumming, even though I'm self taught and that was on a really rubbish kit, was not to everyones taste.

In fact I think the term used was "you're a F**king shite drummer"

So if you're looking at changing the thread around a bit, I want to put myself up as the worst drummer in Aberdeen (or very nearby).

In fact my drumming is so bad, I can't even use a drum machine....beat that! (no pun intended):king:

Hemmin, I think your just being too modest. Anyway that worst drummer title is mine just now! Lol :D

am doing nae bad tho, I can play master of puppets at about under half the speed.

I think a lot of self taught musicians turn out to be some of the best out there.

Hemmin, I think your just being too modest. Anyway that worst drummer title is mine just now! Lol :D

am doing nae bad tho, I can play master of puppets at about under half the speed.

I think a lot of self taught musicians turn out to be some of the best out there.

Thank you, no really I'm rubbish. I couldn't drum up interest supposing I was giving away free hola hoops. So title is mine, all mine