aberdeen-music

Best Drummer in Aberdeen?

Metal_head_Redneck

Apart from D Innes, I've stood on a stage with both, beleive me.

S. Ritchie is good. But not as good as he thinks he is.

I have the same opinion of Dave, he's shit hot, but probably not as great as his attitude suggests. I'm not downing his playing at all, I'd love an ounce of his talent. But I saw Stu play a few times when he was up doing the Skye festivals few weeks back, and I just thought his playing was amazing. Not dissing Dave, but Stu's playing blew him away.

He's been out of Aberdeen for years now, maybe he's just developed more being around great players all the time in the big smoke

I have the same opinion of Dave, he's shit hot, but probably not as great as his attitude suggests. I'm not downing his playing at all, I'd love an ounce of his talent. But I saw Stu play a few times when he was up doing the Skye festivals few weeks back, and I just thought his playing was amazing. Not dissing Dave, but Stu's playing blew him away.

He's been out of Aberdeen for years now, maybe he's just developed more being around great players all the time in London.

no he's back in town i think....being a great player also means being a nice person too!:up:

Guest Giles Walker
Apart from D Innes, I've stood on a stage with both, beleive me.

S. Ritchie is good. But not as good as he thinks he is.

I would disagree here, Stu knows he's amazing and he is amazing. I had the pleasure of having him playing at my old Rootdown night and he could handle anything i could throw at him and more.

I had the pleasure of seeing Stu Ritche play with Martin Kershaw on Wednesday night - he was utterly phenomenal. So inventive and refreshing to hear. The guys playing just blew me away.

Stu is a world class drummer and (up there with some of the best) he wont mind telling you either... He worked and works hard so fair play.

Stu is a world class drummer and (up there with some of the best) he wont mind telling you either... He worked and works hard so fair play.

Marcus Miller is one of THE worlds finest bass players but he won't go about saying that...a humble human being and a true pro. !:up:

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...