aberdeen-music

The New FOPP Store

Mouse

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fopp sucks. Stick with 1UP

I think u are probably right. Fopps got cheap dvds, but aside from the 5 section, when u go to the a-z there are a few nasty shocks of 15 albums that are way cheaper in one up. I think Fopps maybe becoming a bit "corporate giant", i dunno, but i suppose ill still go there....but one up has more choice

Guest haigyman
I got Steve Earle's "Jerusalem" for a fiver' date=' and the new Green Day for a tenner.

At those prices, you'll hear no complaints from me.[/quote']

...until you give the greenday album a good listen

:up:

Guest tv tanned
they had that ages ago. Is it the one without directors cut?

Butterfly Effect kicks its ass im afraid. Both smashing films though.

Have you been hit over the head or something?!? How on earth can you suggest that Ashton Kutcher's take on Quantum Leap is even close to touching Donnie Darko?

Guest AmbientMood
is fopp still selling a large selection of beefheart for 5?

cause there is 3 cds i need from that selection

well I got one of em!

Also a 'zappa Best of' for a fiver, but I think its shite. The singles versions of a lot of his tracks are shite compared to live.

As a shop, it's alright, just now the smell's horrible - but that's to be expected from a newly painted shoppy. I'm chuffed with the new, expanded DVD section. Quite a leap form the old store, and there's also the vipco films for just 5, which is nice. Lots of good stuff but i'd still only go there to get a cheap book or a bargain cd.

As for the actual shop, i think the design's a bit strange. The walls are so bare, and the colour scheme is so cold and mundane. The roof of the main street level section is also very high. As someone else said, it's not a shop that you'd want to stay in for too long, but saying that there might still be changes as it's not finished yet.