aberdeen-music

5.1 Surround Sound HELP needed!!

EchelonDivision

Hiyah All!

I have a DVD player with Optical Audio and SPDif output and a Home Theatre System that only accepts coaxial RCA inputs (6 altogether: Front Left & Right, Rear Left & Right, Subwoofer and Centre speaker).

Does anyone know of an optical/digital to analogue converter (DAC) which is quite cheap but also quite decent? I know I should buy a HTS which has an optical or SPDif input, but can't afford one (I'm a mink).

Thanking you in advance.

Tata!

If your DVD player came with the surround sound system, you should have everything you need to plug anything into it. I bought a stand alone 5.1 system - no dvd player - but everything i had already (dvd player/PS2/TV) had all the correct wires. Coxial, Aux and optical. What is it you're trying to plug into the system, you're probaly best going into Bruce Millers... the number of bits and bobs they have in that shop is mintal.

Hiyah All!

I have a DVD player with Optical Audio and SPDif output and a Home Theatre System that only accepts coaxial RCA inputs (6 altogether: Front Left & Right' date=' Rear Left & Right, Subwoofer and Centre speaker).

Does anyone know of an optical/digital to analogue converter (DAC) which is quite cheap but also quite decent? I know I should buy a HTS which has an optical or SPDif input, but can't afford one (I'm a mink).

Thanking you in advance.

Tata![/quote']

I know nothing about these types of systems but it seems to me that those 6 inputs would be outputs, or you're missing the 5.1 decoder (dunno why they wouldn't put amp and decoder in one box though).

No, the inputs are 6 audio RCA coaxial connectors which are amplified and then piped to the speakers, there is no decoder. I bought the DVD and Surround Sound speakers seperately, (got the speaker system very cheap!).

What I need is a box which will convert optical (light) digital audio to six analogue RCA coaxial phonos.

I've tried Bruce Millers, they do have HUNNERS of bits n bobs, but alas no bit nor bob of which I require.

Anyone?