aberdeen-music

john kerry has conceded

RF Scott

you know what annoys me? how could kerry lose against bush? what a shitty half-assed complacent campaign he ran. he just assumed he'd win and didnt' bother winning people over with actual policies. i mean all he had to do was go out and show he wasn't an idiot like bush, but no, bush's team destroyed him. fuck.

Guest stuartmaxwell

you all talk like Kerry was brilliant

at the end of the day, they are all as bad as eachother. you can tell when they lie (when they open their mouth). No matter who it is they are going to be public enemy number 1.

yes, bush is a fud, he is a very stupid man with a silly ego trip, however it is his party that are also to blame. (and daddy), every american government has committed attrocities over the years, take a look at nicouragua, cuba and el salvador, all suffered at the hands of dangerous american parties.

im sure John Kerry has some shocking covert plans of his own, where he diverts the attention to the war all the time im sure his other policies would have a catch somewhere

at the end of the day' date=' they are all as bad as eachother. you can tell when they lie (when they open their mouth). No matter who it is they are going to be public enemy number 1.

yes, bush is a fud, he is a very stupid man with a silly ego trip, however it is his party that are also to blame. (and daddy), every american government has committed attrocities over the years, take a look at nicouragua, cuba and el salvador, all suffered at the hands of dangerous american parties.

im sure John Kerry has some shocking covert plans of his own, where he diverts the attention to the war all the time im sure his other policies would have a catch somewhere[/quote']

I think the issue at hand is that even though Bush has proven himself to be a war hungry idiot, the American public have voted him back in (and actually voted him in WITH the popular vote).

you know what annoys me? how could kerry lose against bush? what a shitty half-assed complacent campaign he ran. he just assumed he'd win and didnt' bother winning people over with actual policies. i mean all he had to do was go out and show he wasn't an idiot like bush' date=' but no, bush's team destroyed him. fuck.[/quote']

Sorry Dave, but I disagree with you completely again.

He lost because people in America see themselves as in the middle of a war. They don't want to change the "command and chief" at such a "critical" time.

It's all coverage and popularity rather than actual policies. Kerry had them in regards to abortion, same sex marriages, the fight on terrorism etc.

They were both touring the country, releasing political broadcasts, making speeches to the American public to win their vote, to seem the best and most likeable candidate.

At least he didn't concede early, and then retract the decision.

at the end of the day' date=' they are all as bad as eachother. you can tell when they lie (when they open their mouth). No matter who it is they are going to be public enemy number 1.

im sure John Kerry has some shocking covert plans of his own, where he diverts the attention to the war all the time im sure his other policies would have a catch somewhere[/quote']

I think the major point is that most people did not want Bush to be re-elected. Sure, Kerry may have done some things wrong over the course of his Presidency (Even Clinton fucked plenty of environmental bills) but the fact is that most of the people talking here are not happy with the last 4 years of American foreign policy. I'm sure as hell not... I wasn't even that convinced about Kerry as a candidate but I am certain that he would not have been nearly as bad as Bush has been.

i am sure these next couple of years in office will allow him to go strike off some more names off his "Axis of Evil", wonder who is next? Syria? Iran? North Korea? i am sure he is also itching to take out Cuba sometime too

i wonder if Americans would've been swayed by the fact that Bush is the man who has to make the decision to push the big red button that launches those weapons of mass destruction that America are allowed to have but no-one else in the world is apparently allowed to ;)

I think the major point is that most people did not want Bush to be re-elected. Sure' date=' Kerry may have done some things wrong over the course of his Presidency (Even Clinton fucked plenty of environmental bills) but the fact is that most of the people talking here are not happy with the last 4 years of American foreign policy. I'm sure as hell not... I wasn't even that convinced about Kerry as a candidate but I am certain that he would not have been nearly as bad as Bush has been.[/quote']

it doesn't matter if you're not happy, you're in Aberdeen and not in America therefore you are ineligible to vote against Bush ;)

Sorry Dave' date=' but I disagree with you completely again.

He lost because people in America see themselves as in the middle of a war. They don't want to change the "command and chief" at such a "critical" time.

It's all coverage and popularity rather than actual policies. Kerry had them in regards to abortion, same sex marriages, the fight on terrorism etc.

They were both touring the country, releasing political broadcasts, making speeches to the American public to win their vote, to seem the best and most likeable candidate.

At least he didn't concede early, and then retract the decision.[/quote']

you are very accurate with your points there, even if Kerry had been voted in they couldn't have walked away from the Iraq situation or changed their gameplan so it seems easier to keep Bush in office especially when the situation seems to escalating and at a time when capturing "insurgent-controlled" areas as Falluja and securing the country so it can vote in a government seems to high on the agenda at the current time ;)

(Thanks Flossie)

It's all fair and well saying it's rubbish but overall you have to say' date=' how can a democracy work when a campaign is based on the candidates bank balance, and the concessions he has made to the companies, businesses, industries, and institutions who support him.

Money, popularity. It's depressing[/quote']

i am sure the amount of money oil and engineering companies as well as banking and financing institutions are making as a result of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are probably happy with the result and will continue to support and facilitate his war on terror campaigns, as well as his presidency of course ;)

I am so pissed off that Bush has been re-elected.

Reasons-

1) If Iraq was such a major threat to the US, how come they could barely defend themselves when they were invaded?

2) WMD's, where? That was one of the main reasons for going to "war"

3) Bush is pumping millions of tax payers dollars into schemes which are to persuade teenagers not to have sex before marriage. If young folk want to fuck, thats up to them. Jeez, even Bush is trying to tell people when to shag :rolleyes:

4) Religion and politics IMHO should be seperate, Bush merges these.

I cant say I was a fan of Carrey but Bush???? Fucks sake who in their right mind would vote for him? Plenty people it seems. He is creating an insular America which is terrified of further attacks and Bush uses this fear to his advantage.

I was thinking about this earlier, and the inevitable opinions that would spring up that "Americans are idiots", yadayadayada ad infinitum, and then something struck me...We live in a country that between 1979 and 1997 voted in *FOUR* successive Tory government, THREE OF THEM WITH THATCHER AT THE HELM! And yet we criticise others.

The strange thing about the Democrats campaign (and yes, I know they voted against him in the primaries) is that John Edwards was clearly a much better candidate than John Kerry. Inexperienced maybe, but witness the speeches tonight by Kerry and Edwards, like it or not Edwards is charismatic, exudes personality, is a skilled orator...basically everything that would have won the Democrats the election the way they fought their campaign (i.e. without too much regard for actual policies). I would put money on him being the President come 2008.

All in all, not a great day for the world, but I don't think we're all doomed as a result.