aberdeen-music

Messy Mastadon

?uestlove

i was at the slayer-slipknot gig last month and this crazy metal band stood up at the started and started screamin away with these crushing riffs. i was so blown away by them. i was talkin about them and this guy from college suddenly started ravin about them. i bought the album and, it has to be said, it's pretty messy sounding. it works tho, which is the most bizarre part.

is this the way metal is turning? either emo or messy metal? :help:

let me know what you think,

peace out. :gringo:

it's crushing' date=' but i dunno, it's not got the elegance of the likes of dream theatre. i know it's a different style but i dont think it works as well. the drummer is nuts tho, it's got this danny carey esq jolt to it.[/quote']

I`d far rather Mastodon to Dream Theatre...

whoa whoa whoa....

uh man, i'm pretty open minded about music, but i really can't understand why folk dont like dream theatre, it's got everything, awesome vocals, awesome lyrics, awesome drums, rad guitar, bass which actually does something, best keyboard player ever. it's got heavy, it;s got mellow, it's got simple, it's got tech. (i love it)

orry for the rant, touched a nerve! heh

Pesonal taste etc. I prefer Remission.

Mastadon are pretty good although messy? Nah thats because they have Jazzesque drums to fuck with your mind.

The new album has a song which is a total rip off of Call od Khutulu (or however you spell it) by Metallica mixed with an ACDC riff.

Im waiting for the new SYL album which is entirely written by Devin Townsend, it will crush Slayer, Mastadon and Slipknot combined. :up: