aberdeen-music

Hillary Clinton For 2008

Ross

Lets be honest...

Bush is probably going to win......

However it should pave the way for Clinton to become the first Female President in 2008.

Democrats love her and the floating voters will rise to her.

Staunch Republicans will hate her as she is a woman.

Batten down the hatches for 4 years and the world "should" be fine!

While you're right that Bush PROBABLY will take it, Kerry was just re-awarded the single Maine vote that was taken from him earlier tonight. Which means that if Kerry loses Ohio, he can still pull it on Alaska, if he takes all the other Gore seats. Or a draw, which is how the BBC seems to be pushing it.

The BBC has been very good tonight, calling states WELL in advance of CNN, CNBC and Fox 'News'. In the case of Florida, BBC called it over half an hour before the US networks. I think that the US networks are covering their arses after the last Florida vote ;)

And remember, Ohio is (despite claims from the Republican party) STILL VOTING, and could still be voting for hours.

UPDATE: FOX HAS CALLED OHIO FOR BUSH

Well like I said, Fox have called it.

No one else has, but from the way it looks, the Democrats don't look like they can still pull back Ohio. If Alaska goes to Kerry, then there could still be a draw...however the House of Reps would probably vote Bush in, Republicans being in control..

I just don't understand the American public. Voting him in once was a mistake, voting him in a second time is moronic. Obviously they haven't listened to his wise words...

"Fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again."

more pressing and important may be who the british will vote in as government in 2005. if bush wins, do we really want a labour government that is going to repeat the last 4 years of being led up the garden path by the US in terms of foreign policy and diplomacy? i can see liberal democrats taking a much bigger share next year than ever before. it may be a case of saving ourselves if america can't do it for themselves.

Do you honestly think the Tories will be any less compliant in their relations with the US? Don't kid yourself' date=' voting LibDem in a Labour held seat only splits the left/liberal vote and allows the Tories to sneak back in. With UKIP in meltdown and the BNP a laughing stock, the Conservative Party are going to be a threat next year.[/quote']

You're kidding yourself if you think of Labour as still being a Left vote.

We were debating this the other night. We reckon that there will be at least another 7 years of Labour. Blair will win the next election and then hand off to Brown.

Lib Dems will be much stronger at the next election. Although it doesn`t help having a such a softly spoken highlander as their leader.

Guest tv tanned

My real worry is that we may get a coalition gvt in the UK.

Given the complete arse that the Lib Dems and Labour are making of devolution it could be pretty bleak stuff...

As far as the US goes, it just reaffirms that they really are a joke in terms of democracy.

And yet they think the world should be more like them...

I'm getting the vibe more and more that we should all be NIHILISTS...

there doesn't seem to be a point in going on any more...

let's all move to the highlands, and never speak to anyone else...that should fix the world. (if only america was a bit smaller, they would all interbreed quickly, out of exsistance...

I think the most dissapointing thing about the result, or the "amount of people voting this time" is that we now know that the majority of americans are arse holes. I'd always held out the hope that they ones that didn't bother voting were to busy doing important things...ho ho (oxymoron ?)

you have to wonder though...

if the Americans were seeing what was in the media about them over here

would their opinions of their 'fine democratic system' be the same?

i watched a scary documentary on channel 4 last night (dirty race for the white house)

and was thinking about the one thats on the Rock Against Bush vol 2 DVD

- it's about how the news stories covering the war were completely different in the US compared to the ones showed here and in europe

lots of pictures of soldiers 'freeing' the people of Iraq

whereas we all know the place is a mess...

nevermind eh?

maybe giving people so much freedom wasnt such a good idea afterall

the chinese and the russians were always more efficient than us..

in soviet russia computer uses you

Guest tv tanned
you have to wonder though...

if the Americans were seeing what was in the media about them over here

would their opinions of their 'fine democratic system' be the same?

i watched a scary documentary on channel 4 last night (dirty race for the white house)

and was thinking about the one thats on the Rock Against Bush vol 2 DVD

- it's about how the news stories covering the war were completely different in the US compared to the ones showed here and in europe

lots of pictures of soldiers 'freeing' the people of Iraq

whereas we all know the place is a mess...

nevermind eh?

maybe giving people so much freedom wasnt such a good idea afterall

the chinese and the russians were always more efficient than us..

in soviet russia computer uses you

I really don't think Americans care what people think, that's why their foreign policy is so ridiculously divisive.

yeah but... what i was saying was

do you think that they wouldve voted differently had they not been constantly lied to?

maybe the number of people voting wouldve been a lot less

instead of a lot more

personally i wouldnt vote for either of them

they should have more candidates

the whole systems wrong

its just wrong

Guest tv tanned
yeah but... what i was saying was

do you think that they wouldve voted differently had they not been constantly lied to?

maybe the number of people voting wouldve been a lot less

instead of a lot more

personally i wouldnt vote for either of them

they should have more candidates

the whole systems wrong

its just wrong

Well, the problem over there is that their news service is as informative as a Looney Toons cartoon.

The problem is that the political spectrum in America has no left. It is considered a weakness to be tolerant and to want to look after the poor in society, and to want to build consensus internationally.

I looked at the history of US elections, and the last time any third part candidate won electoral college votes was 1968 and the guy was running on a racial segregation ticket and won states in the Deep South.

Even when Ross Perot polled 19% he didn't pick up a state.

I've been reading that in the states and counties with electronic voting and no paper audit trail there is a 5% swing to bush compared to the exit polls. Where there is an audit trail the exit poll accurately reflects the declared result.

Which is no great suprise considering the CEO of the company makes the machines promised to 'deliver the vote to the President in 2004'

We were debating this the other night. We reckon that there will be at least another 7 years of Labour. Blair will win the next election and then hand off to Brown.

Lib Dems will be much stronger at the next election. Although it doesn`t help having a such a softly spoken highlander as their leader.

i can say in all honesty, the thought of George Bush and Gordon Brown basically running the planet REALLY has me scared, there's just something about handing control over to the world's dumbest spokesperson and a man who looks like he could very well be the son of lucifer...

roll on Hillary and Charles Kennedy... shame it won't happen.

I've been reading that in the states and counties with electronic voting and no paper audit trail there is a 5% swing to bush compared to the exit polls. Where there is an audit trail the exit poll accurately reflects the declared result.

Which is no great suprise considering the CEO of the company makes the machines promised to 'deliver the vote to the President in 2004'

I heard this too. I also read that the electronic results for a county of California "went missing" at the last election for around seven hours... If every State adopts the electronic system there may never be another Democrat in the White House...

2008 will be Hillary vs. Arny... A Woman vs. The Terminator. He can't be president yet, but there is already discussion about changing the law that would prevent him running... I have so little faith in American voters - after all a large number voted for Bush - they are bound to want a Terminator in the White House... :moody:

Guest tv tanned

In fairness Schwarzenegger is a pretty liberal Republican (as far as one can be)

He supports gay marriage

He supports stem cell research.

I worry about his foreign policy and also his economic policies, but he seems to be a much more consensual politician than Bush.

I am not convinced he would be anywhere near as bad as Dubya.

In fairness Schwarzenegger is a pretty liberal Republican (as far as one can be)

He supports gay marriage

I worry about his foreign policy and also his economic policies' date=' but he seems to be a much more consensual politician than Bush.

I am not convinced he would be anywhere near as bad as Dubya.[/quote']

I'm not so sure, certainly CNN and FOX News think he sounds more like a Democrat that a Republican. However who do you think would fill all the senior posts in his government? Who will finance his campaign? Give him advice on war, er sorry, "foreign policy"? Who will dictate his social agenda? He is hardly an intellectual heavy weight and traditionally it is the Republican Party that determins what their mascot, sorry President, does in office.

I'm not so sure' date=' certainly CNN and FOX News think he sounds more like a Democrat that a Republican. However who do you think would fill all the senior posts in his government? Who will finance his campaign? Give him advice on war, er sorry, "foreign policy"? Who will dictate his social agenda? He is hardly an intellectual heavy weight and traditionally it is the Republican Party that determins what their mascot, sorry President, does in office.[/quote']

i think you answered your own question. George W Bush is not someone you often see described as an "Intellectual Heavyweight". As you kind of inferred by your post (the mascot comment), it's more often the team behind a president that dictates how a party and president will govern. With that in mind, I don't see why Arnold Schwarzenegger would be any less of a president.

i think you answered your own question. George W Bush is not someone you often see described as an "Intellectual Heavyweight". As you kind of inferred by your post (the mascot comment)' date=' it's more often the team behind a president that dictates how a party and president will govern. With that in mind, I don't see why Arnold Schwarzenegger would be any less of a president.[/quote']

Ok I'm sorry for asking a question and suggesting an answer! Bad me! :nono:;)

The mascot analogy is something often suggested in regards to the way the Republican party operates, with "king-makers" and "political-idealogues" in the background and a "mascot" or "popular figure" up front.

He supports gay marriage

I worry about his foreign policy and also his economic policies' date=' but he seems to be a much more consensual politician than Bush.

I am not convinced he would be anywhere near as bad as Dubya.[/quote']

and I wonder why he says stuff like that ? probably because he's the governor of Californiae, a very liberal (democrat) stronghold...do you think he'll still keep those views if and when he can be president ? I think not.

Politicians say what's popular, but don't do what's popular...unless you are a right wing facist christian...(the other scary thing on C4 was the "god is on my side", closing staement from a christian lobbyist..."I am sure one day we can unite the arab world, by making them see the light that is Jesus Christ"...

Love thy neighbour and all that jazz ? I didn't think so.

Guest tv tanned

You really are too cynical for your own good sometimes.

Some people are not in politics to simply push buttons and say popular things. Granted there are plenty who do nothing but give politics a bad name, but to tar all with the same brush is no better that the people who talk about all young people being loutish thugs

You really are too cynical for your own good sometimes.

Some people are not in politics to simply push buttons and say popular things. Granted there are plenty who do nothing but give politics a bad name' date=' but to tar all with the same brush is no better that the people who talk about all young people being loutish thugs[/quote']

Sorry how can you be "too cynical" ? I don't understand! :up:

Guest Charity Case

George Bush and Gordon Brown is what i'm waiting for, I don't think Mr Brown would be as easy going about American foreign policy. A man who cut taxes to help the rich and a Man who has raised taxes and tried to make the country better, not succeeding very well at it though.