aberdeen-music

Customers

Smooth_groover

Today a guy came into my work to drop off a film for 1 hour processing. He returned 30 minutes later and went mental because they weren't ready !!!

:moody:

When I politely explained that they wouldn't be ready for at least another 15 minutes and that I would try and print them ASAP, he snapped and started throwing things around the shop!!

What the fuck is the point on that?

And to top it off, my boss tried to calm him down by offering him a REFUND !!!!!!!

For those of you who work in a customer service environment, you'll no doubt agree with me that sometimes the general public can be complete bastards :swearing:

Has anyone else here had any bad experiences with twat customers?

Sorry, had to get this one off my chest LOL :D

Cheers,

Craig.

oh the many stories i have.

Video drive in - people who don't understand why they were charged for the video/dvd/game being handed late, despite them dropping it through the letter box after the shop was shut. Ummm hello you had to put it through the letter box because there was no one in the shop to take it.

McDonalds - the customers who complain their half eaten food is cold. Of course it's bloody cold you took a few bites of the burger, ate all the fries, finished your drink and you wonder why your burger is cold?

Also when told there are no milkshakes and/or ice cream due to the mix not being able to freeze properly before placing order, why the hell kick up a fuss when you can't have said item?

i remember the good old days of working in customer service for O2. was pretty ace.

had loads of good stories from them days...

work in a bar/restaurant now. get some pretty funny ones from dumb customers. example

minute(as in time) steak sandwich.

someone asked for a minute(as in small) steak sandwich one day. had a good giggle at his expense.

someone ordered a curry one day for their kids(aged about 15) and the kids didn't like it. there was nothing wrong with the curry, it was fine, they just didn't like it. they complained and asked to change it. we were like no way, then the boss came in and refunded the difference. i hate it when the boss undermines you. there always like "be firm and don't let down" then they come in and bow down at the customers feet.

grrrr.....

i'm boss now though.

i love underage people as well.

"are you 18?"....

"no"....

"oh well, children aren't allowed to sit in the bar unless accompanied by someone who is 18 or over"....

"but i'm 16"

well d'uh.... an adult who is 18 or over!!!!!!!

pesky kids!

I work in Harbro on a saturday mornin ( farm place). Tis all very confusin - everythin has a certain code, some of the animal feeds are sold by teir weight, rather than as a single item. People then think you're completely stupid checkin weights in the book and trying to figure out what they actually want. Pah

I used to work at the airport and had many an angry customer during my year and a half stint. It just seems so much worst at 5am when your sitting there trying to pretend to be awake and get some angry fuckers screeming at you because they can't get seats together for an hours flight!! Leaning over the check-in desk to read your name badge then shouting infront of about 100 other sleepy people "lyndsey your fucking useless". The general public can be so unreasonable sometimes. Some reactions are totally uncalled for. Thankfully now I work with a lot of offshore equiptment that doesn't shout back!!

Guest tv tanned

Gee, imagine having to deal with customers in a customer service job...

I bet you are all soooo polite to waitresses, shop attendants and other service staff when you are the customers.

Gee' date=' imagine having to deal with customers in a customer service job...

I bet you are all soooo polite to waitresses, shop attendants and other service staff when you are the customers.[/quote']

I worked in The Cocket Hat as a waiter then as I turned 18 I worked bar shifts as well. After four and a half years it is safe to say I've had to deal with every arsey customer in Aberdeen. Just like MattJimF said, I know how people in public service jobs feel. In short, I am soooo polite to them.

Guest tv tanned

Good for you, I too have been much more lenient with people since I worked in shops and bars.

I really do dislike people who abuse their position - be they staff or customers.

I really do not like the way customer service in this country is treated like a chore by those who work in it. When you go places like Canada or the States 9 times out of 10 they are bending over backwards to be friendly and help people.

Over here it's all sullen faced attitude problems.

I could always spot people who either were in a public service position, or had been at some point in their life. They would make your job as easy as they could. Little things like moving all the crap your trying to clear up closer to you or moving out of your way. It's a nice thing to recieve on a weekend when your rushed off your feet serving arrogant bastards who think they are the centre of the universe.

but dont forget there are the "nice customers" out there who go about their business in a polite manner and only bother you to ask reasonable questions and thank you afterwards, unofrtunately however they only make up about 0.00000001% of the general public!!!

Instead of having a subscribed national service, why not make EVRYONE work in the public sector for atleast a year and then they would realise what arschlochs they have been.!!!!?

Guest tv tanned

I must have missed these people for the most part because as far as my working experience went I have had very little by way of difficult customers.

I have had plenty of poor service though.

Some of the best BT ones that you hear time and time again....

'I'm trying to run a business here!'

- Yes, from your low care package, standards residential line... uh huh...

'If my mother dies in the night I'll be holding you responsible!'

- If you can't be arsed paying for your mother to have a decent care package, perhaps it's someone closer to homes fault?

'How can it be my phone handset? It was working yesterday!'

- Well DUH! What the frag does that matter - its not working today!

'I was doing some DIY and cut through my phone line. What? I'll have to pay for it? Outrageous!'

- Right, right, you damage BT property and you expect us to fix it for free? That like me running over your cat and making you pay for the damage to my car!

'I should have priority because of disablity/being business/being an MP/being famous/in process of selling house/BT customer for 60 years/etc etc'

- Yes, but if we treat customers on an individual basis then the system isn't fair on everyone else...

'I want an engineer out tonight!'

- Its fuckin 7:30pm - the enginners have familys and relaxation time you know...

'I've been waiting on the line for three bloody hours!'

- Strange how everyone else is getting through in 4 minutes...

'I'm going to the papers and my MP to complain about this!'

- Well what are the papers going to say? BT accused of doing their job? And like an MP really gives a shite about wether you can call your sister to discuss tonights Eastenders or not....

God there were so many stpuid fuckwits in my time there...

i think the worst kind of staff are the ones u get in shops, where u buy something, and they're all smiles and thankful for u puttin money in their till, and then u get home and decide it doesnt fit/doesnt work blah blah.. so u take it back, and they're all grumpy and wont look u in the eye, and sour sour faces.. i always end up apologising profusely and made to feel guilty!!

ive always made the effort to bend over backwards for customers, i cant understand how someone can be so dick-faced and outrageously rude to someone they could expect future service from! pfft..