aberdeen-music

I See Vogts Has Jumped...

psydoll

The perfect candidate: John Lambie

Pros: Did a fantastic job with Partick Thistle & others

Demands respect from players

Has a no-nonsense approach to a football game (Lets face it, Berti took us so far backwards, we need to start with the basics in our gameplay!)

Has the ability to motivate players and get results from them, no matter if its Ronaldo or Ronald McDonald.

Would still have more than enough time to tend to his doos.

He has proved he can make players great instead of going out and just simply buying a great player(Gordon Strachan & Walter Smith have both had money at Coventry, Southampton, Rangers and Everton.)*

He's not a stupid German cunt!

Cons: He has retired from football due to health reasons(but would the Scotland job tempt him out)

*I'd just like to point out that I don't think they were seen as good managers just because they had cash to splash but would they have been successful otherwise? Would Rangers have won 9-in-a-row? We'll never know.

Guest Scorge Spike

Lambie? Much as I love the Jags and think he's the best manager we ever had, I think the Scotland job is too much for his ticker.

I'm glad Vogts has taken the money and run, but I don't think this is case of getting a better manager in and waiting for results to go our way - a total shake up from ground up is needed, and I don't think the current board are good enough. How David Taylor still has his job baffles me.......

My head says Walter Smith for manager, but my heart says Gordon Strachan.

Strachan would be perfect. I mean PERFECT, he understands the scottish game completely, used to play for scotland, commands respect and has proved he knows how to manage a footbal team. He also cares about the team (I get the impression Vogts didn't for some reason...)

except

He's got a presenting contract with the BBC and the job's not the most tempting right now...

to be serious, i dont think vogts didnt care about the team, more a case of he didnt know the huge amount of work that needed to be done and he didnt understand the scottish game or know any of the players. i remember a few months into the job he was quoted as saying that the job was much much bigger than he realised.

strachan is probably the ideal candidate for the job, a good guy who cares passionately about the team and is familiar with many of the players. still since moving to northern ireland i've had the misfortune to watch their national team though under lawrie sanchez they are showing signs of improving, cant see them troubling england next march mind.

but at the end of the day the limited opportunities of regular first team football for the majority of the squad lies at the root of the problems for the scottish national side i think.

Guest neil ex

good luck to whoever gets the job. he's going to bloody need it!

the team have seemed to progressively get worse with vogts in charge. i think the sfa and the scotland fans have to be extremely patient with whoever they get in as a replacement.

i would personally like to see stephen hendry appointed new scotland manager with john higgins as assistant to take the tartan army to the 2010 world cup finals.

untitled_thumb1.png

untitled1_thumb.png

to be serious' date=' i dont think vogts didnt care about the team, more a case of he didnt know the huge amount of work that needed to be done and he didnt understand the scottish game or know any of the players. i remember a few months into the job he was quoted as saying that the job was much much bigger than he realised.

QUOTE']

True. Bertie's heart was in the right place. Although, Fans spitting on him is rediculous!