aberdeen-music

anyone here used fruityloops?

Mr.Mike

just wondering because I'm considering buying it. is it easy to use? am I going to need a whole heap of plugins to use it?

if you're not fan why not? and can you recommend any more suitable programs for someone who wants to start making their own music on a computer but doesn't really know a great deal about the whole thing?

my flat mate Alex (of 7 Stone Under fame) makes lots of crazy drum n bass tunes on fruity loops

i've messed around on it a little bit

u might also need something like Soundforge running along side it for making sample and doing more complex stuff with sounds but there's a ton of stuff you can do with fruityloops and it's fairly easy to get the hang of it i think... not really an expert or nuthin'

depends what it is your wanting to do i suppose

Guest lime ruined my life

its ok for beginners.

the gasbags at gavfest used fruity for all our stuff. but its a bit simplistic, we were only mucking around though.

theres better things out there.

reason is more hardware based if you like that sort of thing, youd be able to transfer your real skills to it quite easily.

fruity loops strength lies in its drum machine/step sequencer interface. but thats pretty much its only strength. recording from a mic into it isnt really possible. althoguh you can record stuff in other programs and import the wav, if your that way.

personally i want to save up for the new ableton live, its good.

Guest Neubeatz
personally i want to save up for the new ableton live, its good.

Yes, but it sucks processer power, and theres no right click, and using the midi makes it glitchy, even though 4.0.4 is out, its still in some respects a beta level prog in comparrison to FL 4.5.2

FL Is not any more for beginners than any other prog, but it does have a lot of cheesy demos and presets,

The trick with Fruity is to say fuck off to the presets,

use a wave editor for your samples/recordings, and use the sequencer playlist to make whole tunes,

I use both the programmes, and miss the right click with Ableton, and wouldnt think about recording live audio into FL,

If you can get a demo version of FL 4.5.2 try it out, even for the fun factor its worth it,

Click here for a track I did with FL