aberdeen-music

The worst album you've bought

palmer_eldritch

Just curious to know what everyone's worst album they've bought is...

Mine would have to be Jeff Beck's "Blow by blow" (just a load of totally nonsense to me), Roger Waters "Radio Kaos" (just one of the worst/cheesiest albums ever), and, i hate to admit, the James Bond Theme Collection... Doesn't everyone have a copy of some kind of james bond theme compilation on cd???

:help: *buries head in hands*

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm worst albums i've ever bought, not sure about worst - most disappointing were:

Transatlantic - Bridge over Forever - the first album was a work of art second was poor

Marillion - Marbles - seen by many as a masterpiece to me the worst they've done, then again Steve Wilson helped so it was bound to be poor ;)

Fish - Sunset's on Empire - One of the many crimes to music perpetrated by Steve Wilson

they're probably the most disappointing to me.

Cheers

Stuart

No idea why I bought Badly Drawn Boy's first album but it's so shite I've never played it all the way through and can't even tell you the name of it. But it's really shite. Before that, the only album I've ever given away was That's Life by Sham 69. Hurry Up Harry was great but let's be honest, as oxymoron's go, Sham 69 and 'concept album' takes the buscuit. It even came with a poster of the band with the word "FANX" written on it.

the doors albums "the soft parade", "morrison hotel" and "waiting for the sun". fucking terrible records, the pisspoor work of a chronic alcoholic collapsing painfully into his own self-indulgence if ever i heard it

pink floyd's "relics", whimsical drug-addled bollocks

pulp's "this is hardcore" and blur's "thirteen", think i bought these two albums at the same time one night in Asda, complete wastes of money

oasis's album "standing on the shoulder of giants" was also really bad, especially for the song Liam Gallagher wrote himself called "little james" which is one of the most cringeworthy songs i have ever had the misfortune of hearing

Mine would have to be Jeff Beck's "Blow by blow"

You have to be kidding?? Best British guitarist of all time and that album is especially brilliant.

Off the top of me head:

Suicidal Tendencies 'Lights Camera Revolution' (worst singer ever?)

Fugazi 'The Argument' (boring)

Meat Puppets 'Monsters' (dire)

Dave Navarro 'Trust No One' (as above)

Mudhoney 'Piece of Cake' (as above)

Syd Barrett 'The Madcap Laughs' (listened once and did not like!)

Ry Cooder 'The Slide Era' (hmm, technically shouldnt be here cos Cooder is ace)

Red Hot Chilli Peppers 'By the Way' (yup...)

Halford - Resurrection

Helloween - Greatest Hits

Yngwie Malmsteen - Best of.

They are all utterly bollocks. Beware people.

Malmsteen! lol!

I'd say Electronic - Twisted Tenderness. Just goes to show that an album that features Johnny Marr and a Rasputin cover can indeed be utter pish.