aberdeen-music

Frontman wanted(also Organ/piano player?

billbones

Lead guitarist,Bass player and drummer are looking for a lead vocalist(preferably rythmn guitarist aswell) to complete Band with sights set on original material. Influences: The Libertines, Razorlight, Supergrass, The Zutons/The Coral, Franz Ferdinand,Kings of leon,bob marley,beatles,bob dylan...and many more. Looking for 2 specific things... Unique voice and...Frontman qualities.

Also, enthusiaism and song writing(or at least lyrics) are very welcome.

Get in touch a.s.a.p

also looking for an organ Player or piano player

Sounds interesting. Would be up for the frontman/guitarist part. Supposed to be forming a band with some other guy but he hasn't got back to me in a week (and even if he does I could probably juggle both. Just). So let me know if you are still interested. I also write some of my own stuff but would be keen to hear/share your ideas as well.

Keep jammin'

Simon (aka. Patch)

Hey man, r u into the bands that we are,like the libertines,supergrass,franz,razorlight.

Do u play guitar?we have never played together yet but plan to meet up sometimes soon and hope it flows. What previous bands u been in?What kinda voice do you have(compare roughly to someone)

Darren

I like some songs by the bands you have mentioned but am more of a fan of the old school rock bands like the Rolling Stones, The Clash etc. but I think I like the way you guys are going (especially by the fact that you mentioned the Beatles as well).

I do play guitar but I'm not much of a lead guitarist (but am willing to put in the effort if required e.g. if you wanted to do have two lead guitarists like the Eagles). I think for the moment I'll probably be better suited doing the occasional/full time rhythm guitar.

Seeing as I sing loads of covers (like at parties) I can sing a bit Strummer and Jones from the Clash and then again like Adam Duritz from the Counting Crows. Sort of. But overall I'd say it's more Indie but I'd rather you heard me sing a few different songs (including some of my own seeing as you said the band will be writing its own material) and then you can make up your own mind.

Keep jammin'

Let me know when the practise is

Simon

hey man, well plan to have a jam sumtime next wek, where we are gona get you an the other shap down for an audition kinda thing at seperate times. Is this cool with you?Also could you let me know 2 covers you like to sing so that the rest of the band can play them for you to sing with?

Cheers

Do you want me to play the guitar as well? I'm thinking of Should I Stay Or Should I Go by the Clash (it's quite an easy one to play) and Drive My Car (or Ticket to Ride) by the Beatles. If you can't manage those songs then something by R.E.M. (preferably Everybody Hurts) or Counting Crows (Mr Jones) or Teeenage Kicks by the Undertones.

Keep jammin'

Simon

Singer

Hi I am interested in auditioning as a singer, I have done a lot of concerts in Aberdeen as I am a first soprano but I haven't got any gigging experience. I don't think it is really that different, is it? I am a first soprano but I can usually sing anything that is thrown my way. I have quite a broad musical taste and would like to join a band that does regular gigs and would challenge my ability. Cheers, jayne

Yeah, I've written a few. The problem is that some of them need a bit of work and others sound okay as acoustic songs but I'd love to get some lead guitar on top of them or just expand on them in general. I've also got a few riffs to fool around with and improve on but no lyrics for them. If you want I'll play a few of them. I'm probably bringing down my friend's electric guitar (it's pretty much been given to me) but no amp. I believe they have amps to use at Captain Tom's. Do you have a guitar tuner? I think it might need it (I've been playing my acoustic recently).

Keep jammin'

Patch aka. Simon