aberdeen-music

Summarise a band's fanbase

I'm ripping this off of the Something Awful forums because it's too funny to pass up. Basically, turn your sense of humour on and rip into the fans of a band. Extrapoints for being able to laugh at yourself, which is why I'll start with three bands I really like (and one I hate). So please, laugh at yourself a little with this. I am. Do you want to see me weep? Do you?

XTC

"I have the attention span of microbe in a cup of coffee so I'm going to listen to a band that are self-conciously wacky. I'm also really bad with girls, and get beaten up on buses, but that's okay 'cos these guys are neurotic geeks too!"

Sunny Day Real Estate

"Of course their lyrics make sense, it's just that you're to "nu-emo" to, like, identifimicate with them. No, I swear I listen to every album all they way through each time I put it on 'cos they never drone on too long with a song, they're all... like... dream like...like lying in a field holding the hand of a girl you really love and definitley not thinking of slipping a hand under her sweater with Fugazi badges on it to feel her tits...man"

The Mad Capsule Markets"Holy shit! These guys are Japanese! Like Nintendo and Peadophilia! Japanese! Oh shit, I wish I was! I'm like, totally going to masturb... watch Neon Genesis Evangelion tonight while listening to these guys! Awesome! Konichiwa, Sayonara, Kawaii!"

Rage Against The Machine "I wore one of their shirts outside Gap and the security guard was giving me shit, so I was totally thinking of making badly made flyers with pictures of dead dogs on them but then the mobile my Mum gave me rang and she had to pick me up before my sister had her piano lesson but I totally refused to eat the McDonalds she offered me. I have Superglue in my hair, comrade"