aberdeen-music

i drove all the way home

catherine

you should really take the eaglesham road off the A77 which admittedly is a wee backroad but it takes you to east kilbride and totally cuts out glasgow city center! (i was trying to explain this to gump earlier and i think i lost him a bit ;)) but well done on surviving!

Guest tv tanned

Congrats :)

I drove south of Perth for the first time this year. Drove all the way to Market Rasen in Lincolnshire. Was rather invigorating stuff.

Driving in England is actually a piece of piss, despite people suggesting to the contrary...

Congrats :)

Driving in England is actually a piece of piss' date=' despite people suggesting to the contrary...[/quote']

Why in the name of god would it be any different from driving in Scotland?

They drove on the same side of the road as us the last time I was in Englandshire...!!

I think it was more to do with the many lane motorways which us bumpkins in the North East don't encounter. :)

I get you're meaning, there are a few junctions on the likes of the M6 that would be a bit daunting for young drivers.

Because of my long involvement with bands (very long) my first experience of driving in London was in a 3 ton tail lift truck which I had to get to the back doors of the Marque club in Soho during mid morning traffic....now that was fun!!

G...

:) thank you Rhiannon....

and least i didnt miss any turnings...

i was driving home from Avril and thought that when the motorway spit from kilmarnock and glasgow airport that the airport side would be the one you had to use a slip road too... well i thought this until i noticed the motorway signs didnt say kilmarnock anymore.... and the two people in my car couldnt read maps... so all by myself i had to come off the motorway and head back under the clyde tunnel drive though the geto of glasgow and get back onto the M77 :D

I drove practically non-stop back from Manchester in the summer from about 9pm - 4am' date=' by Sterling I was absoloutely shattered and had was just wired on not doing anything stupid because I was so tired.

Seriously, if you ever drive further than Glasgow....rest.[/quote']

For a Pallas gig last year I set off from Aberdeen at 7am and parked in the town centre of Barcelona at 10pm the following night, and that was with a 6 hour hotel stop and a second driver.....phewwww!!

this summer I drove down to alton towers with some friends. first time I'd driven further than stonehaven. We mis-timed things slightly and passed liverpool during rush hour and there were roadworks. Added quite a lot of time to our journey that did.

The big motorways were daunting at first but as long as you know what's happening around you it's ok. Just a case of using your mirrors and looking well down the road at what's ahead.

And most important lesson I learnt, when your friend in front brakes suddenly it's wise to remember that a car filled with friends and luggage take a lot longer to stop than the empty one you drive every day. Scared my friends shitless a couple of times before I got the message. One time the aforementioned friend in front looked in his mirror to see it suddenly filled with the horror filled faces of myself and my front seat passenger, getting rapidly closer.

For a Pallas gig last year I set off from Aberdeen at 7am and parked in the town centre of Barcelona at 10pm the following night' date=' and that was with a 6 hour hotel stop and a second driver.....phewwww!![/quote']

Which remnids me, when will i get a chancve to see the boys ? Any dates lined up, on yours and Mark Kennedy's advice I got an album or two and not too shabby :)

On a strangely related note, the worst drive I ever did was after the Marillion Convention last year when I did Minehead to Aberdeen in under 9 hours, that may not sound bad but if you do the maths thats quite impressive ;) and highly illegal, however we did get Jo to the recording session in time.

Cheers

Stuart

Which remnids me' date=' when will i get a chancve to see the boys ? Any dates lined up, on yours and Mark Kennedy's advice I got an album or two and not too shabby :)

On a strangely related note, the worst drive I ever did was after the Marillion Convention last year when I did Minehead to Aberdeen in under 9 hours, that may not sound bad but if you do the maths thats quite impressive ;) and highly illegal, however we did get Jo to the recording session in time.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

It could be a while....they are out at the Mill right now doing the new album which is a bit behind schedule, Ronnie (keyboards) is going round the world at the moment so he wont be available until about September next year but they might do some gigs with Mike Stobbie (spare keyboards). I guess anything they do will be on mainland Europe which is their biggest market, and of course pressure from their german record company....

They might do a warm up gig in the UK....but this is all speculation.

G...