aberdeen-music

humbuckers 'n' stuff.

Leckie Gilman

i bought a brand spanking new fender stratocaster but like the fat strat with a humbucker in the bridge position. after much playing and jumping around my room, i found myself moderately unsatisfied with its distorsion handling capabilities as it sounds like Mr. Delongues guitar on enema of the state. but anyway, i have three options in mind: seymor duncan distorsion, seymor duncan invader, or d'marzio super distorsion ones.

what one do you think i should opt for?

Guest Televator Operator
Originally posted by Leckie Gilman

i bought a brand spanking new fender stratocaster but like the fat strat with a humbucker in the bridge position. after much playing and jumping around my room, i found myself moderately unsatisfied with its distorsion handling capabilities as it sounds like Mr. Delongues guitar on enema of the state. but anyway, i have three options in mind: seymor duncan distorsion, seymor duncan invader, or d'marzio super distorsion ones.

what one do you think i should opt for?

I'll sell you an Invader.

Guest Televator Operator

Re: Re: Re: humbuckers 'n' stuff.

no you won't cos if i'm buying any seymor duncan it'll be body coloured. i can order them in light blue.

Hmm that's a new one...

Re: Re: Re: Re: humbuckers 'n' stuff.

Originally posted by Televator Operator

Hmm that's a new one...

you can custom order the pickups from sd andthey can put on different coloured covers

if you dont want to sound like tom delonge on enema of the state the invader is a bad idea, thats what he uses anyway.

David

if you're judging it by that i should sound like a fucking pennywise album on an acoustic so sssshhhh.

Nah, nah. You misunderstood. I was merely pointing out that just because someone stick a certain kind of pickup in their guitar, they won't sound like someone else. If you were to play Tom DeLonge's guitar, then you would sound nothing like him, and likewise if I was to play it too, I would sound nothing like you. Simple as that!! Next time you are practising, try swapping guitars with the other guitar player (if you have one, that is. erm sorry, I don't know) and you will see what I mean.....

Guest redmeat

It's true, I've heard guitarists pick up perfectly good guitars played through good amps and still make them sound shit. Someone like Dave Dixon can play through anything and sound fantastic. Look at Hendrix, it didn't matter whether he was playing a strat, a Jaguar, a Les Paul or a Flying V - it always sounded like Hendrix.

Guest Televator Operator

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: humbuckers 'n' stuff.

Originally posted by David

you can custom order the pickups from sd andthey can put on different coloured covers

Yes, and they look terrible...