aberdeen-music

New Single - Martyr to Hope by LadyWantsAudio

Alkaline

My new single, Martyr To Hope (featuring Triflemore), is out now!!!

You can get it from all the locations below. Buy/download, stream, leave on repeat, send to your friends and family, share on your social media, every little helps and is greatly appreciated by me. Don’t underestimate the importance of a shared post for a musician!

Apple Music/iTunes - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/martyr-to-hope-feat-triflemore-single/1441368596

Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Martyr-to-Hope-feat-Triflemore/dp/B07K768YW8/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1542353894&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=ladywantsaudio&dpPl=1&dpID=4127cCs38UL&ref=plSrch

Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/5qN6ikM0A3k0Y0yLATGnjA?nd=1

Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/music/album/LadyWantsAudio_Martyr_to_Hope_feat_Triflemore?id=Brcqsyep3u5fjw7ddsdbnb46274

• Like 1

Dig the new track. Trip hop is my jam right now, so this tickles my fancy. The singers voice is very nice, and the echo on the vocals really makes it all gel together.

Being super critical, I'd probably have pushed the vocal volume down in the mix a little bit, but that's totally personal preference and vocals are generally my least favourite part of any recording. I prefer vocals to sort of sit with the mix, rather than on top, personally.

I dig all the synth tones you're getting on this, assuming it's all you besides vocals?

8 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Dig the new track. Trip hop is my jam right now, so this tickles my fancy. The singers voice is very nice, and the echo on the vocals really makes it all gel together.

Being super critical, I'd probably have pushed the vocal volume down in the mix a little bit, but that's totally personal preference and vocals are generally my least favourite part of any recording. I prefer vocals to sort of sit with the mix, rather than on top, personally.

I dig all the synth tones you're getting on this, assuming it's all you besides vocals?

Cheers Joe, thanks for the feedback and thanks for taking the time to listen!

Yeah, all the instrumentation is me. I’ve spent a lot of time on getting synth sounds to sit well in the mix :) I’ve found a bunch of soft-synths that I really like via a guy called Samplescience who has a lot of Boards of Canada style synth sounds that I really dig.

If you like this one I’m pretty sure you like the next single, should be out late Jan/ early Feb and the album I have in the works for March!

On 11/23/2018 at 7:09 PM, Alkaline said:

Cheers Joe, thanks for the feedback and thanks for taking the time to listen!

Yeah, all the instrumentation is me. I’ve spent a lot of time on getting synth sounds to sit well in the mix :) I’ve found a bunch of soft-synths that I really like via a guy called Samplescience who has a lot of Boards of Canada style synth sounds that I really dig.

If you like this one I’m pretty sure you like the next single, should be out late Jan/ early Feb and the album I have in the works for March!

Sweet. You got any more vocal collaborations in the works on the album?

Yeah, I've browsed the Samplescience site before. I'm always put off from taking the plunge on softsynths, I always find them unsatisfying when I play them. I've only ever tried free ones, but they always sound thin compared to my BS2.

Is there any on there you'd recommend?

19 hours ago, Soda Jerk said:

Sweet. You got any more vocal collaborations in the works on the album?

Yeah, I've browsed the Samplescience site before. I'm always put off from taking the plunge on softsynths, I always find them unsatisfying when I play them. I've only ever tried free ones, but they always sound thin compared to my BS2.

Is there any on there you'd recommend?

Not at present, got a few with sampled vocals. Interested in getting maybe one more with vocals on though.

I think Hexagon Sky is probably the one I like best. (Are you confusing Sampleism with Sample Science?)

• 5 years later...