aberdeen-music

Worst gig you ever played.

Lemonade

1 hour ago, Teabags said:

I played a gig once in the broch. The fire exit doors in the gig room were left wide open for people to go out and smoke before we played. But they needed to stay closed duringf the gig cos of the noise so they... chained closed the fire exit doors. Fuck me.

The Leisure Centre? I played a hilarious gig there a few years ago. 

16 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

Don't blame the Broch for bad weather and your team losing!

The Broch started going downhill when Jim's Plaice became Zanre's.

The Swanny, Fish n Things, ETs (even with the manky red sauce), The Grill, all excellent chippers. Fish n Things was our regular hangout age 13/14 because they had one of those arcade machines with 6 games on it, (including Final Fight and Wrestlemania), a 5p bandit, and hot dogs for £1. 

Zanres in Mintlaw was the best Zanres. Can’t believe we used to get a full fish supper for lunch. Was either that or chips and cheese from chalmers bakery. I wonder if kids are still as unhealthy as in my day? The amount of utter shite I’d shovel into my face at school.

Mars and coke vending machine in the cafeteria - or Ribena if you fancied some fruit.

19 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Zanres in Mintlaw was the best Zanres. Can’t believe we used to get a full fish supper for lunch. Was either that or chips and cheese from chalmers bakery. I wonder if kids are still as unhealthy as in my day? The amount of utter shite I’d shovel into my face at school.

Mars and coke vending machine in the cafeteria - or Ribena if you fancied some fruit.

I used to get a massive sausage roll from the garage most days.

• 1 year later...

The Broch is nae that bad. Once played a gig in the Dalrymple Hall back in the 60s. There were Danish fishermen weathered in and the trouble between them and the locals started before the band did! Half time and me and the lead guitarist found a Danish guy bleeding like a stuck pig lying in the urinal. Called for someone to help him, so two bouncers picked him up and threw him out the emergency exit! Our rhythm guitarist earned us a ban because during the break, he was 'entertaining' a young lady in the dressing toom toilet. Trouble was, her bare arse was clearly outlined in the frosted glass window for all outside to see. As we left, our lead guitarist noticed his amp was missing. we drove around and eventually came across two chancers carrying it along the road. Pointed out the error of their ways to them and went on our merry way. 

Years later, I opened a wee motorbike sales/repair shop in Albert Street, but had to bail out after a couple of years. Made some good pals there though.

Edited by Trikelops