aberdeen-music

1st BBC Music Fringe night at Krakatoa - The Inevitable Teaspoons and The Malpaso Gang

Graham Knight

Last night I arrived late at Krakatoa's BBC Fringe night.  The Inevitable Teaspoons were already on stage and after a few minutes I was thinking they had a really good drummer.  Then I noticed it was Chris who used to be in the Malpaso Gang.  The band were very well rehearsed with none of that annoying tuning up between numbers.  They unusually featured a trombone player and together with a sax it made for a big sound from this five piece band. Their set went down very well with a large and appreciative audience.

The last band featured in this BBC showcase was The Malpaso Gang who were featuring their new femme singer, Eilidh Connolly for the first time.

Eilidh showed no sign of nerves and confidently sang great as if she had been with them for years.  Well done Eilldh. The whole band are very tight and Abermusic- member Flaneur played some great some great guitar solos.  Their 'hot number' Tabasco has benefited from great national publicity over the last couple of months and last night was no exception with the audience joining in the Tabasco chorus. I expect much more success for the Gang.

Flashes' enterprising Krakatoa venue has another BBC Fringe night this Friday 25th May. Best not to miss it.

• Upvote 4