aberdeen-music

Ab-mus memories

ca_gere

26 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

I always get those two mixed up. Six Degrees is the old Estaminet is it? 

Yeah i was trying to remember what the other 1 was called before it became that Irish bar, they used to do some mad thing on a screen where you got all your drinks free. It used to happen to us nearly every time we went there, they must of lost so much money so it's little wonder it shut

1 hour ago, djricochet said:

Yeah i was trying to remember what the other 1 was called before it became that Irish bar, they used to do some mad thing on a screen where you got all your drinks free. It used to happen to us nearly every time we went there, they must of lost so much money so it's little wonder it shut

The Irish one was Piwo, then Aberdeen Uni Student Union, then something University Grill. Campus? Then the Irish bar. And probably a few things in between. 

On 9/12/2018 at 7:39 PM, Lemonade said:

That I turn reminded me of this gem when an unscrupulous bar owner in Aberdeen claimed he'd booked Shane McGowan to play in what is now Six Degrees North. If I remember the story correctly the bar was going under, he made the whole thing up to fill the bar for one night then legged it with the takings. 

Biz was/is a complete fucking arsehole, on here and in real life.

Bellend of a man.

Forgot all about Biz too, until I saw that. Seemed to know a few things about drums I recall, but, yeah, that final quoted post (I couldn't stomach more than the bookends...talking about the Sparkles thread; not the Smith hoax thread, which I do vaguely remember) was a yet a bit more weird (leaving aside the bit about the teenage girls, and their imagined mums, and if they'd been a bit older.... uh, yeah, "weird" doesn't quite cover that) than I recall. No idea who the man behind the avatar is /was though.Which I guess is a good thing.

• 2 months later...