aberdeen-music

Ab-mus memories

ca_gere

Oh man, where to start. It's hard to imagine that it's been over 15 years since I started posting on here :/

This thread for a start:

Still never got hit by anyone for that, despite several threats.

All the times at a gig someone asked me to ban Cloud

Hahaha, no way! I mean, I'm not surprised :D

It's amazing to think how this forum was the centre of everything at one point. Something would happen on the forum, and then everyone on Friday night in Moshulu or Exodus would be talking about it. You'd then get vague references on here to things that happened in real life, such as Bob Knight's adventures.

I can't believe no-one here mentioned Camie's party, and THE HORSE.

cfQYxos.jpg

Christ. The Balmedie Beach Party, featuring a shocking amount of booze, people throwing up and more. I remember sitting on the back of the bus drinking with Emma and listening to Sugarcoma while clearly failing to be in any way cool. @Alkaline, were you there?

What else... Hmm.

Starfall and the "headlining" controversy.

Milner winding up everyone in sight without actually anyone realising it

Taking the absolute piss out of Ewan Cameron constantly, even to the point where people were recording songs about him and 'leaking' them through MSN

There's more, I just need to think about it.

7 hours ago, Cloud said:

cfQYxos.jpg

Christ. The Balmedie Beach Party, featuring a shocking amount of booze, people throwing up and more. I remember sitting on the back of the bus drinking with Emma and listening to Sugarcoma while clearly failing to be in any way cool. @Alkaline, were you there?

I don’t think I was going out with Emma at that point but I may have been there (there are a lot of parts of that era that are very hazy!)

Hahaha :D yeah, the same! Although I've just had flashbacks to licking the board outside Dr. Drakes because apparently it tasted of lemons. Sigh.

More memories -

- Ben Weapon getting involved in some ridiculous flamewars over incredibly petty things, yet being a nice guy in the flesh

- Plenty of veiled references on here to who was sleeping with who, including one of the most brutal references ever

- Everyone being known by their name here rather than their real name

Funny thing is, despite everything that went on here, there's only one person that I could genuinely say was an absolute prick in real life because of what happened on here, and it wasn't anyone connected to Ben or Ben himself.

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

- Everyone being known by their name here rather than their real name

I was known as Elwood in real life for years,  purely because of my username on here. Some people still call me it to this day, and it hasn't even been my username since about 2008. 

2 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Did you go to their gig at the Tunnels? That was cruel. A lot of people who should have known better laughing up their sleeves. Myself included. We all got a bit swept away in the mob mentality on that one. 

I suspect this would happen when any godawful band plays though. When I was in college, some of the band nights were brutal. There were some truly awful bands who got either sniggered at, or sarcastically rallied. There was one band in particular who had an example made of them by the owner of the bar just shutting off the power, but waited until they announced that it was their last song to do it for maximum devastation, then off went the amps.

I wasn't at the Shutterspeed gig, but heard a lot about it. Sounded like any gig where a band is horrifically bad.

12 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Did you go to their gig at the Tunnels? That was cruel. A lot of people who should have known better laughing up their sleeves. Myself included. We all got a bit swept away in the mob mentality on that one. 

No, I was quite open about saying they were shit in the thread. There was no way I would’ve gone to their gig, the whole thing was cringeworthy. The puns went on for deys though...

8 hours ago, Dubya said:

Decided to have a wee peruse on here after all these years and i'm glad to see we've made a highlight reel. I even got a mention from Ca-gere. 

The Shutterspeed thread felt like absolute gold at the time but reading back I actually feel pretty guilty. 

The Toxic Distortion thread was a good laugh and I continued to get from those guys for years afterwards. 

Soccerball was brilliant. We organised a few kick abouts in the park but for a while I remember organising regular games at Goals and Sports Village which were always a great laugh. 

Sad to see this place so quiet actually, I'd kind of presumed it was still just chugging away. 

Ps. When reputation was like currency and people took it hilariously seriously. 

"you must etc..."

21 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Come talk to me about reputation when you're old-timey enough to remember Scene Points. 

And the use of the comment system attached to them to abuse other members. 

21 hours ago, Scorge said:

Most of 2004-2010 in my mind is now a hazy mirage lost to alcohol, but that gag frankly never gets old.

My Mind's who?

Mind My Weapon!

I actually quite liked Starfall though.