aberdeen-music
Messer Fuzz

Jimmy Moon Explorer

I have a Jimmy Moon Explorer which I have had for 5 years and I am trying to find out some history on it, it

is in amazing condition and it would be nice to know something about it.

It's not the one HateEvent had made is it? I remember a whole thread on the process of getting it made, no? HateEvent bought and sold high-end guitars quite a bit and posted about a couple of other customs from bigger companies (IIRC), but being able to go to Glasgow (?) and check up on the process personally would be something different.

/Cool story. Just curious if that is indeed the co-incidence; timeline and unusualness of the guitar make it seem possible.

It must be the same one as I Jimmy made 3 Explorers the first 2004 being this one in Rosewood,

One was left handed  and Black and went to the States, the 3rd had a transparent green finish and was for a guy in Scotland.

It was re lacquered by Jimmy several years ago and since I got five and a half years ago it has been unplayed.

I have decided to sell it as you can't keep them all and it should be played.

Denis

Yep - it is the very same one!

Good to see it is still around! I have wished for it back from time to time.

Not for more than it cost to get made right enough, so unfortunately I have to pass. :(

• Upvote 1

Thanks for helping me to find some provenance on the Moon, I have it in Guitar Guitar in Newcastle at the moment to sell so they will add a

bit of history to it.