aberdeen-music

2nd hand gear prices

Cabbage

Anyone else noticed 2nd hand gear prices getting a bit silly?  Being less employed than I once was I have been looking up prices of my gear on ebay and have noticed a few items have kept rising, this is against "logical" arguments like the prices of digital equipment that have all ready been superseded by a couple of newer versions and guitars that were crap when new are now worth considerable $$.

Best example: a crap Burn Bison (a Burns London version from 2000's, not a vintage hand made version), I paid a little over £100 for back in 2009, apparently even this Korean made door stops is worth over £800 on ebay now.  Would be understandable if they were decent guitars but they are absolute crap, mines only been made playable after having a new bridge, neck realignment and new pickups installed.  

What's going on, this the future of Brexit Britain?? 

17 hours ago, HateEvent said:

I bought a guitar for £2k in 2007 and just sold it for £7k. That was silly, but nice all the same! :D

But in general yeah - there are some crazy chancer prices going on of late. 

That's not bad going!  A £2k/7k guitar's in a whole different league to the crap I've got!