aberdeen-music

Motorbikes

Moon Moon

Can't find a forum on here anywhere for this so thought I'd start one!

starting off here was my first bike;

1983 Honda cm custom 125, lovely japnese bike most comfortable thing I've ever ridden shame it could barely do 50! 

IMG_3773_zpswemzuyui.png

Second bike;

2007 Honda cbr 125, possibly the fastest 125 with a few cheeky extras on it, especially the carbon black widow exhaust, top speed 105, which is fairly impressive for a 125. 

IMG_3695_zpsotipsrzt.png

As for now im building a cafe racer from a 2006 Chinese bike, currently getting the; engine, forks, suspension, alloys and rear swing arm powder coated black, after that awaiting new headlight, indicators, chain and sprockets, plus throttle and clutch cables then all I need to do is put it back toghether!

So is is there anybody else here who owns a motorbike?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

a 2013 t100 it's nice and reliable but not quite as nice as the new ones, no abs etc. When you doing your full license?

Either way still a bonnevile! And tbh I prefer disc to abs a bit more fun to play with, fair enough abs is a lot more safer though, but the plan is disc brakes are gonna be a thing of the past and all new bikes will be abs. 

Planning pn on doing my full a2 in august once I come back from holiday. Just choosing a bike that's the problem for me, would love a Ducati hypermotard but issue is finding an 1100cc one as the newer 939's can't be restricted. Then there is the cost of the insurance got quoted £4300 by Bennetts, yeah like I'm gonna pay that! So looking like I may go for a Harley iron 883, tad more comfortable and practable as I'm not that tall! 

• 3 weeks later...

Out of curiosity what gear you wearing? Just away to purchase a new set which im getting staff discount with luckily.  including;

shoei gt air regallia (dark visor obviously)

alpinestars Gp plus leather jacket and matching leather trousers

alpinestars smx2 gloves

alpinestars goretex boots

and still deciding what coms kit to go with Sena or cardo. 

On 24/06/2017 at 10:50 PM, James Broonbreed said:

I think the main point to consider when choosing a new bike is how practable it is.

Also, can anyone tell me what these red dotted underlines mean?

Well not always, I know plenty of folk who use super bikes I.e r1s, s1000rrs, z1000rs for just city use, not practical really considering their high performance bikes  

Wait... you're all (Gypsum excluded) trying to make yourselves feel cool as fuck by straight-up bullying this guy, right?  

From what I can see you've come into a thread he started, about a topic he is interested in, with fuck all to contribute but with the sole intention of picking on him.  Sort it out, its fucking embarrassing. 

Edited by Mac Atom
bloody line breaks
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Mac Atom said:

Wait... you're all (Gypsum excluded) trying to make yourselves feel cool as fuck by straight-up bullying this guy, right?  

From what I can see you've come into a thread he started, about a topic he is interested in, with fuck all to contribute but with the sole intention of picking on him.  Sort it out, its fucking embarrassing. 

Oh for fuck sake dry your fucking eyes. He gives as good as he takes. Motorbikes. WOOOOOOOOO.

Probably not, but it's definitely a product of how you conducted yourself on here initially. Doesn't make it right either way I guess but in this case we're talking about people picking you up on spelling which, in the grand scheme of things, is not worth Mac getting sand in his vagina over.

In the year 2017, busting chops over typos is Internet 101. There's not a corner of the internet where it doesn't happen. Grammar is important.

I don't see any genuine nastiness in this thread, however. I don't know Broonbread personally, but he is one of the most lighthearted posters here. I doubt there's a poster here who hasn't had one of his jibes.

This is definitely the friendliest forum I frequent. Probably because there's not many people left to friction. Though I'm not sure what I've done that supposedly constitutes bullying, by pointing out the jibe that was missed.