aberdeen-music

Albums/Music 2017

kirsten

Yeah, I'm all in on Code Orange. I see where you're coming from with the transitions being clunky as heck but I can get past that because I don't know any better and that they're there at all is pretty cool plus it makes me want to throw bricks at piles of other bricks. I'm excited to see how it works live when they support Gojira next month. Maybe I'll go to the front and throw some young people around*.

New albums out TODAY:

Power Trip - Nightmare Logic. It's a thrash metal album that's up there with the best from the NINETEEN EIGHTIES

Hark - Machinations. It's yr man Jimbob from Taint, back once again with a bag full of RIFFS to smash up yr ears.

*I will not do this, I will watch respectfully from a safe distance as I am a mild-mannered family man

• Upvote 2

That cheeky Woodsinho scamp got me in the mood for all kinds of nutty thrash metal, so I fired-up the new Kreator record - GODS OF VIOLENCE. It's an absolute hoot. Pretty dumb, of course, particularly with song titles like Satan Is Real, World War Now, and my personal favourite - HAIL TO THE HORDES - but tonnes of fun. Pretty nuts that these guys are cranking out the best music of their career 35 years after forming.

Freddie Gibbs' comeback record is out on the 31st too, for those of you interested in men who do hip-hop.

Edited by Murrr
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...