aberdeen-music

Albums/Music 2017

kirsten

new Flatliners record came out at weekend.

Each passing record seems to be a demonstration of "look how fucking good I can sing". Quite right, too. Chris has got serious pipes.

Bit janglier than previous ones. More of a rocker, and less punx is upped. There's some really great songs, but there's some that I'm sure I'll be skipping over on future listens.

Seeing them a week on Friday. Hopefully they still UP THE PUNX.

4 minutes ago, Soda Jerk said:

new Flatliners record came out at weekend.

Each passing record seems to be a demonstration of "look how fucking good I can sing". Quite right, too. Chris has got serious pipes.

Bit janglier than previous ones. More of a rocker, and less punx is upped. There's some really great songs, but there's some that I'm sure I'll be skipping over on future listens.

Seeing them a week on Friday. Hopefully they still UP THE PUNX.

I'm listening to this now. I didn't like the last one much, it was too long (23 tracks?!?!?!?!?!) and not punx enough. This one's a more sensible length so maybe I won't get too bored by its lack of punx. On the other hand, I might just go back and listen to Dead Language and Cavalcades a whole lot instead.

The new Employed To Serve song is a right laugh:

The album's out next month. I think it'll be good.

The 23 tracker wasn't a real album, just a collection of b-sides and demos. I've never listened to it one sitting cos it's too damn long, and it did have lots of songs where it was clear why they didn't use them (because they weren't very good!)

It did have half a dozen or so rippers though. The opening track, Lifers, is one of my favourites. Certified ripper.

On 4/18/2017 at 1:25 PM, Woodsinho said:

The new Part Chimp album is amazing and you should listen to it if you like being trampled under a herd of stampeding riffs with what I think is a perfect guitar tone.

Aye, imagine being a tattie, and Eddie Hall was mashing you using and angle grinder.

Reminds me of the time I got diddled on Ebay trying to buy a fender bender. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...