aberdeen-music

Albums/Music 2017

kirsten

I thought there was already a thread for this year, but I can't see it. Please delete this if I've missed it.

New Japandroids album is out next week and currently streaming on NPR:
http://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510416955/first-listen-japandroids-near-to-the-wild-heart-of-life

I saw them at the end of last year and they played 5/8 of the new ones. Sounded gr8 and just as PARTY ANTHEMic as usual. 

Also, new Allison Crutchfield is streaming: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510437000/first-listen-allison-crutchfield-tourist-in-this-town

I'm sad that Swearin' is dead, but excited to hear this. 

49 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

I'd like the record more if they binned the abrupt cuts in to the electronic bits. It's really poor done IMO. I don't like it anywhere as much as I am King. The songs with the 'singing' are weird.

I like it, I like how abrupt and jarring it is. And it's supposed to be really jarring. I'm a fan of the singing also, but I'm already a fan of Adventures.

It's this song in particular where it is done really badly IMO:

The changes at 0:25 and again at 2:17. It's really rough splicing. There's a gap and they don't even round the edges of the splice. It sounds amateurish to me. I'd like it a lot more if they did it a bit slicker, as I'm all about that kind of thing. DO IT BETTER.

On 19/01/2017 at 5:04 PM, kirsten said:

Also, new Allison Crutchfield is streaming: http://www.npr.org/2017/01/19/510437000/first-listen-allison-crutchfield-tourist-in-this-town

I'm sad that Swearin' is dead, but excited to hear this. 

I was listening to this whilst cruising around in Black Lightning, it's a good album. Glad to hear a departure from the Swearin' sound, parts of it remind me of Rilo Kiley.

16 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

It's this song in particular where it is done really badly IMO:

The changes at 0:25 and again at 2:17. It's really rough splicing. There's a gap and they don't even round the edges of the splice. It sounds amateurish to me. I'd like it a lot more if they did it a bit slicker, as I'm all about that kind of thing. DO IT BETTER.

I get what you mean, but I think it's on purpose. And I like how awkward it sounds. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, TR!ΔNGL€ T€€TH said:

Ryan Adams has a new album out. It is called Prisoner and so far, I do not think it is good.

It has it's moments but for the most part it sounds like something pretty pedestrian. Given what this album is about, it should have been deeper. His 1989 cover album was deeper than this.