aberdeen-music

Football Manager 2017

Gypsum_Fantastic

Much like Colin kapernick jerseys bring the highest selling in the NFL, a gay player would boost sales amongst non-football folks. Makes sense really. That Spanish team sold a shit ton of rainbow shirts.

it’s entirely in-keeping with near future evolutions in football. More players will come out in the coming years. Makes sense to future proof the game and put it in as a feature. Fuck the cave man mob.

• 8 months later...

Fuck Football Manager. 

I've just started playing FM 2017 again and in my first season with Edinburgh City, I've just got them promoted through beating Stenhousemuir 6-5 in the playoffs after realising that away goals don't count double in the SPFL playoffs for some reason. I chucked the kitchen sink at them after losing the first leg 4-3 away from home, went up 2-0 at home, conceded straight away and then spent the next 70 minutes trying not to concede again while lobbing balls into their box and hoping to kill the game dead. Realised after 90 minutes that away goals didn't count double, and had to spend 30 minutes with a completely knackered team. Managed to win with the last kick of the ball too. 

That was after a ridiculous season when all the teams below me in the league kept dropping points so I managed to finish an easy 2nd in the league. 

I'm now addicted again and can't put it down. Bloody game. The chairman is a twat though, he 'offered' me a new contract for 2 years with a reduced salary even though I've just got the team promoted! Does he think I'm stupid? 

I just started playing again too (FM16). I've mostly played in the SPL or the English lower leagues but decided to try a top team so I'm the new Chelsea manager. About 6 games in to the season. Good start. I only have one strikers though and all my scouts and coaches are useless. I fired almost the whole fucking lot of them. 

What's odd about FM17 to me is the way that players will sit as free agents for months rather than sign for less money with me with the promise of first team football. I had one twat on trial, couldn't afford him, he wouldn't accept a contract full of bonuses, and 6 months later - he's still a free agent. He would probably have made more money with the bonuses than through a guaranteed weekly wage as well.

He would have played every game, but clearly he's too good for playing on a torn up Meadowbank pitch in the middle of winter and so he prefers to rot away not playing for anyone. 

On 7/2/2018 at 6:40 PM, Cloud said:

What's odd about FM17 to me is the way that players will sit as free agents for months rather than sign for less money with me with the promise of first team football. I had one twat on trial, couldn't afford him, he wouldn't accept a contract full of bonuses, and 6 months later - he's still a free agent. He would probably have made more money with the bonuses than through a guaranteed weekly wage as well.

He would have played every game, but clearly he's too good for playing on a torn up Meadowbank pitch in the middle of winter and so he prefers to rot away not playing for anyone. 

He's probably doing just fine in his day job without the hassle of playing under you as his manager.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, Adam Easy Wishes said:

He's probably doing just fine in his day job without the hassle of playing under you as his manager.

I hate this bloody game. I'm sitting in 8th place in League 1, and there's nothing I can do to improve on that. If I take any risks, I'm going to risk relegation. If I don't take any risks, I'm able to collect points through draws and the occasional win. End result is non-stop shit football that no-one in their right mind wants to watch. 

Edited by Cloud

44 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I hate this bloody game. I'm sitting in 8th place in League 1, and there's nothing I can do to improve on that. If I take any risks, I'm going to risk relegation. If I don't take any risks, I'm able to collect points through draws and the occasional win. End result is non-stop shit football that no-one in their right mind wants to watch. 

It delights me that you're crap at FM.

I've made it into the semi finals of the Challenge Cup, so clearly I'm not doing too badly. No chance of anything but 7th or 8th place in the league, but I've got several decent young players all locked up on 2-3 year contracts. If only a bigger team would come along and offer me half a million for one...