aberdeen-music

Top Fives

Lemonade

Bounty-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Maltesers-Wrapper-Small.jpg

Smarties-UK-Box-Small.jpg

Kinder-Bueno-Wrapper-Small.jpg

fda142a1ec95b61481bea7c88233cfa9.jpg6504_121106_news_kokos_UK_458x318.jpg(no, I'm not picking one over the other)

I don't eat many sweets In Poland these days, and had forgotten the existence of the Bueno, Maltesers and Bounty until I saw some of the posts above. So honourable mentions to Dimes, Double Deckers, Whispas and Dairy Milk Hazlenuts, which I'd thought about beforehand.

This is a serious one? I got two:

Stripey/Striphy (although for the record I agreed with his eventual ban and thought he went totally off the rails in the months leading up to it)

Le_Stu - (I had to do a whole 15m or so site searching to nail down the user name - last post 2012, so this isn't  going to be a top 5). The guy who had some interesting tales of working under a Ned-Flanders-alike while smashed on on medical wed in Cali.

Edit (I tried to really edit the post above, but you know, 5 second rule or whatever it is)

Aw shucks (or rather, I just remembered another old user name):

Keeno (last post 2014?) used to talk about medical studies [?], and more importantly custom guitars from (real) Poland or Hungary or somewhere, and first lead me to some cool Djent bands (definitely Monuments anyway).

And the posts of KarmaTsunami and Ca_gere are always GBOL.

So there! Legit top 5!

• Upvote 1

5 - The Downroads (some great gigs in the early 2000s)

4 - Deadloss Superstar (especially when I was in the band) 

3 - Escape To Victory (just pure fun, some of the most enjoyable gigs I've ever been to) 

2 - Point of Origin (like him or loath him, not many people can write a pop song as perfectly as Bob. And dem harmonies.) 

1 - Karloff (always a great live show show and a bevvy of excellent CDs too) 

• 4 weeks later...

1 - Karloff - agree with it always being a good show, and they introduced me to psychobilly.

2 - Statue of Misery - they were fucking hated  and rightfully so, (the majority of the band were bell-ends and I married the biggest one) but I was a little metal head and have fond memories from the gigs.

3 - Black Atom

4 - Semperfi - again, fond memories of their gigs

5 - Thrashist Regime

• Upvote 1