aberdeen-music

2016/17 Football Season Thread

Lemonade

His delusion knows no bounds. A few days ago he had a pop at Big Sam, saying he would make a better England manager than Big Sam, and what has Big Sam got that he hasn't got?

Where do you start? Managerial experience is probably a good place to start. Big Sam wins there by some margin.   The England job could be Big Sams first managerial job, and he would still have more experience. Big Sam also doesn't have the temperament of a violent gobshite. He's also not a massive bell end. And he earned the job via 20+ years of club management. That probably comes under the first criteria.

I'm sure we will soon hear that he should have got the UEFA job over Ceferin. I hope so. 

Seems to not be a popular choice.

Who else is there though? I've seen a lot of criticism for him, but very few viable alternatives.

I think he'll do alright, no worse than anyone else has recently. I think they'll do better once they're able to get rid of the Rooney-shaped anchor that is stopping that pretty exciting young team from moving forwards. 

The Aberdeen winning goal was some strike eh? Right in the postage stamp. 

Whats Warburton on about regarding the free kick anyway? Replays show he catches the side of his foot and not the ball. It does look in real time that he got the ball because of the ball changing direction. But he didn't. Ref had a great view.

Also, what's happened to Stoke and West Ham? They are shite. I'd have no problem seeing the current bottom 3 go down. Sunderland especially. 

FIFA abolishes racism:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/25/fifa-anti-racism-task-force-russia-2018-world-cup

Great job guys. A top effort from everyone involved. Monday's are usually rubbish, but to wake up and find out there's no racism anymore is a great start to the week.

One of their first pieces of advice when the taskforce was in its infancy was that the person who has been racially abused has no right to be angry. He should accept it and shake hands with his abuser. 

So, really, they're just pretending that racism doesn't exist, and chalking it up as a win. 

You can take the Blatter out of FIFA etc...

2 hours ago, Murrr said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37479135

New or old news?

Either way, might be a convenient "out" for the English FA on Allardyce's contract before he's able to grind what's left of the English national team to dust. The guy's a primitive hack.

Pardew's won 3 games in a row. I've got a bad feeling about this.

• Upvote 1