aberdeen-music

Wood & Tronics Chronos Klimt 5 String Bass

Guest texjamm

Guest texjamm

For Sale or Trade is my Wood & Tronics Chronos Klimt 5 String bass. This bass features an stunning AAAAA quilted Poplar top with a unique Aqua/Black finish over an American Walnut body. There is a custom "W" logo on the 12th fret. The electronics are custom W&T / Kent Armstrong dual coils with a Nordstrand 2 band preamp with active / passive switching and passive tone control.

There are a few small marks on the back of the bass and a match head sized ding on the bottom edge. The rest of the bass is in wonderful condition and would have cost over £3000 new. It comes with straplocks and hard case. I'm looking for £1500.

Scale : 34 Inches
Body : American Walnut
Top Wood : AAAAA quilted Poplar with aqua/black tint. High gloss finish. (£500 option)
Neck : 3-piece Maple/Ash
Fretboard : Ebony
Fretboard inlays etc: Custom 12th Fret inlay, side dots in brass
Frets : 24 Mandolin size
Pickups : Custom W&T / Kent Armstrong Dual Coil
Electronics : Nordstrand 2 band preamp with active/passive switching and passive tone control. 2 switches : for Series / Single / Parallel coil selection on each pickup.
Tuners : Hipshot Ultalight in black
Bridge : ETS in Black
Neck finish : Satin

Trade wise I'm pretty much sorted for basses at the moment but ones I could be interested in are Fodera Emperor, JCR CM or ST, Sei Flamboyant etc. It would need to be a 5 string with active electronics, 24 frets and strangely enough I do like a highly figured wood top.

P8250079.JPGP8250080.JPGP8250082.JPGP8250084.JPGP8250086.JPG