aberdeen-music

New Irvine Welsh and live appearance

Spoonie

Irvine Welsh is releasing a new book in April about Begbie, everyone's favourite stabby guy and he and Robert Carlyle, who of course payed Begbie in Trainspotting and is reprising the character for the follow up will be hosting a chat about the book and character at the usher Hall, Edinburgh on Sunday 10 April.Tickets are £12 and go on sale tomorrow:
https://tickets.usherhall.co.uk/en-GB/shows/irvine%20welsh%20and%20robert%20carlyle/info

11242683_10152841806980382_6660725790860

Me and I-Dub last summer at An Evening With.... / A Decent Ride promotional event. Also my good lady wife. I still haven't read the book. Carrying on my tradition of every photo of me with a notable person being taken by a shaky handed goon.

11221529_10152841809710382_5785536603498

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Got the new book last night downloaded to my kindle. Have ready about 15/20% of it so far and it's shaping up well. I still find his writing less enjoyable when he's writing about American rather than Edinburgh, but Franco has arrived home so it's bound to get spicy now!