aberdeen-music

Albums 2016

kirsten

27 minutes ago, Flights said:

I've not been forgotten! You've either changed names or I've forgotten you!

Lucky Rathen / Loopy Racist / Lemon Raspberry / Reinhold Messner / Lumpy.... something. And many others. All round nice guy and Aberdeen Music legend. Nice to re-meet you.

• 1 month later...
On 7/20/2016 at 11:59 PM, kirsten said:

My new flatmate puts on gigs at a small venue nearby. He's got good taste. Last night I ended up seeing two great bands, Weird Lines and Adrian Teacher and the Subs. The latter have an album out this year called Terminal City and I've been listening all day. It's great, super poppy and catchy. 10/10, would recommend (it's on Spotify).

I saw Adrian Teacher and the Subs twice in the space of two weeks despite them hailing from the opposite side of the country from me. I have had Terminal City on repeat for about a month now. You can and should download the whole thing for free here: https://adrianteacher.bandcamp.com/album/terminal-city

8 hours ago, kirsten said:

I saw Adrian Teacher and the Subs twice in the space of two weeks despite them hailing from the opposite side of the country from me. I have had Terminal City on repeat for about a month now. You can and should download the whole thing for free here: https://adrianteacher.bandcamp.com/album/terminal-city

This is a joyous listen. Love that jangly guitars and slacker vocals combo. And that LP cover. It is wonderfully horrible.

new Planes Mistaken For Stars record out next month. Also new Anaal Nathrakh too. The new Planes song sounds excellent.

53 minutes ago, Hakuba Mountain Wizards said:

Any love for Angel Olsen?

https://angelolsen.bandcamp.com/album/my-woman

New album is good, for fans of misery.

Am still trying to work out whether it's better than her last album, which was my top album of 2014.  It might be.  It's certainly got some good stuff on it.  This track's particularly great.  She goes full Fleetwood Mac on it:

1 hour ago, Lemonade said:

Are Biffy Clyro totally uncool now that they're massive and poppy? Whatever. Their new album is a blinder.

I feel the same about the new Blink 182. I can't explain it. Everything about it sounds so computer generated. I doubt they've sung a note on the record that isn't auto-tuned beyond recognition.

Still, it's belting pop music. It also helps that Matt Skiba is infinitely better a everything than Tom Delonge.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...