aberdeen-music

Celebrity Dead Pool 2016 - "The Grim Sweeper"

Lemonade

7 hours ago, Frosty Jack said:

Keith Chegwin is the world's biggest twat on twitter. Constantly makes these truly awful sub Christmas cracker jokes, and he's notorious for stealing other people's jokes too. Then he gets really butthurt when he rightly gets abuse for it.

He's blocked everyone he has stolen jokes from on there. Even people who aren't comedians. 

Just now, Lemonade said:

Remember when he hosted an all-nude game show for Channel 5? Do not image search that. (Unless you want to see Cheggers' shrivelled toodle). I wonder how many people turned that down before it fell on Chegwin's desk. 

Aw shit I do remember that. Channel 5's Heydey. What was that show called again? Can't remember for the life of me and can't Google it at work..

xx

2 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

Aw shit I do remember that. Channel 5's Heydey. What was that show called again? Can't remember for the life of me and can't Google it at work..

xx

Naked Jungle. It was like the Crystal Maze but naked. I don't really know why Chegwin had to be naked too. I bet the script didn't even call for him to be naked too and he just took it upon himself. 

7 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Remember when he hosted an all-nude game show for Channel 5? (Do not image search that. Unless you want to see Cheggers' shrivelled toodle). I wonder how many people turned that down before it fell on Chegwin's desk. 

I wikipedia'd that and under related shows 'Jungle Run' is listed lol. Same company made it. So the people who looked at cheggers nude worked with children.

Edited by Improved Thinker
Cheggggggggggggggggggs

One thing Chegwin definitely has in common with someone like Savile is that they were both on TV all the time when I was a kid but no one actually seemed to like them or find them entertaining or amusing.  There was no playground banter along the lines of 'Did you check out that brilliant thing Chegwin/ Savile said on TV last night?'.  No kids in playgrounds said that.  Ever.  They both just seemed to be there and nobody knew why.  Not saying Chegwin was as dodgy as Savile, but I'd really like to know how he ended up becoming as prominent as he did.  Talent or even being liked by young people had nothing to do with it.

Cheggers had/has a bit of a mad laugh. I think that and his 'off the cuff'/zany schtick where 'anything can happen' (as long as it doesn't involve anything resembling actual humour or entertainment) were probably what landed him a live kids TV job. Chegwin, Tarant, Schofield, Crane... he comes from a long line of that too old to be desirable, too young to be grandfatherly presenter tradition. They're like your dad's friend who has no kids, drinks non-alcoholic beer and shows up to the company BBQ wearing an apron with a witty slogan on it.