aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom is having a hell of a time

Yeah, fuck Radio 2, they're not playing the 'Spoons EP in its entirety on the hour every hour, the muppets.  In fact, fuck all radio for not playing our stuff.  Fuck you every promoter/venue/blogger who never even bothered to reply to email never mind listen to and act upon the music we sent you.  And fuck all of you who have also failed in your obligation to listen to our stuff.  I've had enough, I'm going to cry until I have enough tears to drown you all, you fucking philistines.

Or, nah, we're cool.  Can you imagine if I actually went off like that, like we've got some sort of birthright to have people listen to and play to others our music?

*shudder*

Wanting to be played on Radio 2 is like saying "yes! My music is boring as fuck!".

People regularly die listening to Radio 2. From natural causes. Old age. Being so dull you can't continue to live.

Apart from when Terry Wogan was on, but fuck me he played some absolute shite.

Anyway, all the best Sandi, GBOL

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2015/nov/12/sad-truth-behind-sandi-thoms-tearful-facebook-video

This article sums it up nicely. Tough titties basically.

You don't hear the lead singer of Nizlopi greetin coz he can't get back on the radio.

I don't know how differently i'd feel if we were talking about a really good song - It's just not though. It's an outstandingly ok song by a singer whose fifteen minutes were up a while ago. That doesn't make for good radio.

I,l be honest i had,nt really heard of her but i,m sure all this publicity wont do her 'career' any harm.

The right honourable Niall Mathiewson of Pallas fame has just completed his long awaited solo project.

I wonder how many plays he gets from R2 not that i think that would bother him in the slightest.

Her songs are shit, her lyrics abysmal and although her Dad's money bought her decent PR representation her career has found its level.

Her dad was a fisherman who was badly injured at work then retrained as a helicopter pilot for bond so I don't think he could be described as "monied" , he and her mother are also divorced and have been for quite a while

Wanting to be played on Radio 2 is like saying "yes! My music is boring as fuck!".

People regularly die listening to Radio 2. From natural causes. Old age. Being so dull you can't continue to live.

Radio 2 is the dogs bollocks.. Mark Radcliffe folk show, good old whispering bob harris for the country and the somewhat immortal Brian Matthews does the 60s shit on a saturday. top class