aberdeen-music

Krakatoa

The Ghost Of Fudge

The comments by some of the 'been there once ergo I own the place' crowd have been pretty funny.

Drinking culture has changed - this is most likely a step in the right direction. People want variety in their drinks these days and will pay for it - craft beer and cocktail culture is huge and it's a good business decision to move towards those trends.

I'd be interested in hearing from the man himself on the details of the change.

I can't get my head round people unliking the facebook page or saying they're not going in again because of a name change. 

However I hope some of those people are the rubbish shouty punks that were being a massive bunch of dicks the last couple of times i've been in. I'm pretty rubbish and shouty myself - but there a limit innit.

Grrrrrr young people!! 

FWIW:

I'd never been The Moorings, and I indeed was probably under the impression it was a niche punk/rock/metal bar with an odd pirates-cum-old-mannie-pub theme. And when I saw the name Krakatoa I immediately thought "flamboyant cocktail bar with equally flamboyant Pacific Island theme. Dafuq."

However, after reading the articles and Facebook post, and trying to reconcile the two notions in my mind, I'm now stuck with the image of The Lua Bar, Escape from Monkey Island's redecorated/revamped version of The Scummm Bar ("They've done something horrible to the SCUMMM Bar!" bemoans Guybrush).

Which sounds awesome. I'd check it out (for the first time) if I were in Aberdeen.

Edited by scottyboy
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A petition has been launched to hit back at noise complaints that venue bosses say are silencing Aberdeen’s grassroots music scene.

The move comes after several venues in the city were forced to install sound limiters – which cut the power whenever a pre-set decibel level was reached.

Craig Adams, owner of Krakatoa in Aberdeen, has now launched a petition to change the rules regarding noise.

Craig said: “This is where music comes from – grass roots venues.”

*click link to read more *

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/local/bid-to-change-who-is-responsible-for-noise2/

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...