aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

Are we all in agreement that Dundee Utd are completely fucked and definitely going down?

I haven't seen much of them this season, but when I have they have been woeful, but for the guy Blair Spittal who looks like a good player, and Charlie Telfer at times. Are they just too young a squad?

I know there are some United fans on here so looking for a bit of insight into why it's gone to shit. Was it Jackie McNamara's fault? I hope so. Is Mixu the right guy? I hope not.

4 hours ago, Adam Easy Wishes said:

Are we all in agreement that Dundee Utd are completely fucked and definitely going down?

I haven't seen much of them this season, but when I have they have been woeful, but for the guy Blair Spittal who looks like a good player, and Charlie Telfer at times. Are they just too young a squad?

I know there are some United fans on here so looking for a bit of insight into why it's gone to shit. Was it Jackie McNamara's fault? I hope so. Is Mixu the right guy? I hope not.

It all stems from the sales between January and September (Armstrong, Mackay-Steven and Ciftci) and not renewing a couple of players contracts (Czerniak and Fojut). The whole spine of the team went in less than a year and threw any gelled squad out of the window. The signings, while decent in the most part, haven't started playing together and the talented players (Connelly, Spittal and Telfer) are too young to shoulder the burden of sparking the creativity of the squad completely.

That coupled with the fact that Dillon and Rankin have been hiding all season and Paton had that court case hanging over his head meant that Jackie Mac unjustly got the dunt IMHO. Now we've replaced him with Mixu, who seems intent on sapping any creativity out of the team in favour of playing 6 defenders. I would maybe be at peace with that decision if we weren't being scored on like cheap hookers during happy hour. 

Shite season is shite. Fully expecting Championship football next season.

4 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

What happened to Wesley Sneijder's brother that they signed and then released a month later?

He played one game, realised how shite we were and got Hep C or something and fucked of back to Holland to live in a caravan with Marco Boogers (or some other mythical football malarkey).

9 hours ago, Lemonade said:

Just watched the highlights from Saturday. The fuck was that Hearts defender trying to do when he gave away that handball?

It's 'just one of those things' innit? A completely irrational act, like, playing football at school and the ball comes to you at chest height and seemingly automatically just catching it. Like your brain, for a split second, just goes 'yay, catch!'. I completely sympathise, because as Ken M says quite rightly - "if our brains get too smart, they will become self aware and take over our bodys".

5oQV7rN.png

19 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

This is great. I'm scrolling down and keep thinking "This just HAS to be the best one", and then I read several more that are even better. Can't stop.

Can't believe they don't have more followers. The neuer and mertesacker ones cracked me up a lot but they're all so well observed.

dunno what to make of the  mourinho sacking. The players seemed to love him based on the number of Instagram tributes but there are rumors of them not wanting to play for him.

I reckon hazard and Costa weren't on board the love train but does that really make you want to play badly and ruin your reputation? 

His next move will be very interesting. I'd like him to stay in the prem.

Rumours that Benitez will be axed in the near future and that Madrid want Mourinho back. It could just be rumours based on Madrid's history with managers, but you never know. Benitez was a stupid appointment anyway.

It seems to have divided United fans as to whether they'd take Mourinho right now and bin LvG. I wouldn't. It's not worth the one year of stability, one year of success and the one year of destruction which seems to happen everywhere he goes. He's a great coach, but he's poison.

Mourinho would have to rip the squad up similar to how LvG did. The squad when Fergie retired was more suited for Mourinho. A lot of grafters. LvG binned the grafters, and kept the good technical players. Mourinho prefers runners like Willian over good technical footballers like Mata. Hopefully he goes back to Madrid where he can continue to be the cartoon villain caricature that he is.

I think it's still very appealing but at an older age. Mourinho has said previously he wants to manage Portugal in the future. The prospect of having a crack at the world cup has to appeal to all ambitious coaches plus the less intense lifestyle day to day must be welcome after years of club football. 

My money is on him going to PSG (Ronaldo too)

Bollocks to it. Mourinho to United.

United play Chelsea on the 28th. Imagine that, with Mourinho in charge. It would be monumental. It would be like Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey. The game would override TV sets the world over, and show on every channel.

To do it justice, it would need Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler doing the commentary. Classic heel-turn arc.

• Upvote 1

Bit of early transfer news. It's just your standard 'Liverpool make approach to sign young Serbian, but young Serbian's Dad blocks the move by stealing his son's passport so he cannot travel to complete the move, all whilst the club's players are waiting for their salaries, which is allegedly dependent on the sale of Marko Grujic.' You know, it happens all the time.

Liverpool have agreed a £5.1million bid with Red Star Belgrade to sign Marko Grujic, who will be loaned straight back to the Serbian club.

Red Star club claimed to have received three offers for the 19-year-old, from Belgian club Anderlecht, German side Stuttgart and the Premier League Reds.

In a statement posted on their official website they revealed they had “unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants”, and had agreed a package that would see Grujic remain with them on loan until the summer.

Red Star said: “The board considered the offer and unanimously accepted the offer of the English giants. Liverpool will pay the money immediately, and the player would stay in Red Star until 01/07/2016.”

The deal is expected to go through before the new year, but Grujic’s father, Goran, has stolen his son’s passport and blocked the move.

“I won’t allow them to destroy my boy,” he told Serbian newspaper Blic. “I’m speaking about people who are in charge of the club (Red Star Belgrade). Everyone turned their back on them, as they’ve spent all the money the club has had, and they see a solution in Marko’s transfer.

“That’s why there’s so much pressure on him. Ten times per day they are calling him by phone, urging him to sign a contract.

“Did we speak with Liverpool? Look, we had chat with people from Udinese, and then guys from Anderlecht also came. But, there was no conversation about transfer, they just wanted to see what kind of kid Marko is, what’s his way of thinking. And, that was all, just chat.

“Then, suddenly came that story about Liverpool… All I can say is that the passports are with me, and I can guarantee that Marko is not leaving, he’s not going anywhere.

“There are (their) stories in Serbian media, like ‘Gerrard’s No 8 is waiting for him’, or ‘Klopp called him by phone’, ‘millions here, millions there’.

“And there’s also pressure in (the) Red Star dressing room, as it seems that (people from the management) convinced players, who are waiting for their salaries, that their payments depend on Marko’s transfer.

“I mean, which club is willing to pay six million euros, and then to say ‘Look, kid, come when you want’? Nope, if Liverpool FC is seriously counting on him, they’ll tell him ‘Start of training camp in January on this day, at that hour, we’re expecting you’. And, what kind of combination is that?

“The club is paying for him seven million euros, but then leave him on loan and that loan costs one million!? Really, I’m starting to think I should call the police to tell them everything about this pressure.”

Dads eh?

Edited by Soda van Jerk

• 2 weeks later...

Madrid sack manager who isn't doing that badly. As usual. This is now their 13th manager in 15 years. 13!

How long will Zidane last? He is a club legend, and if he wobbles, they'll bin him. It will be weird when they do. Almost everyone else they've sacked in the last 10 years has been a standard managerial journeyman. Could they really be as ruthless with one of their most iconic former players ever? He's definitely going to get sacked, eventually. Del Bosque and Capello won the league and got sacked.

Mental club. What's the point in even having a manager. Perez pretty much decides everything anyway.