aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

I've only seen highlights so far, but it's strange that the Argentina defence is so sopey. Zabaleta, Demichelis, Otamendi and Rojo is a good back 4 individually. Otamendi is a bit mental in a Vidic-like way, but he's still impressive. I think it would be stronger if they had Garay in for Demichelis. Is Garay injured?

Yeah. Arg were amazing in the semi. Relentless attack. I've only really managed to watch the knockout matches so far. I'm undecided whether the football is better than the euros but I'm definitely less invested in the tournament, probably because I know less players. Still, it's been nice having a constant source of football this summer

Celtic have this morning had a bid accepted by United for Ciftci.

I wonder a) if they'll make the 'parent/feeder' relationship formal and b) what Jackie McNamara will buy with his cut of the deal..?

I hear he wants a slightly bigger conservatory hence the hard bargain on the transfer fee.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

I jest, it's a good bit of business for United. He's clearly got a bit of talent but I'm not sure he has the temperament to not be the 'big man', which he won't be at Celtic.

He's also horrifically all or nothing when playing for United.  He's either amazing and clear man of the match or you have to watch him trot about and give the ball away with pointless flicks that have about a 10% chance of coming off.

We're looking really thin squad wise now.  It's a lot of risk to base are squad for next season so heavily on kids.

Is McNamara likely to get some of that cash to reinvest?

It's difficult to see anyone getting close to Aberdeen as challengers to Celtic, perhaps Hearts might actually have the best chance weirdly enough. Unless obviously United or Caley Thistle make some decent signings.

Aberdeen's squad is very strong, if we can keep hold of everyone and maybe sign another striker we'll be in a good place.

You'll probably still have a go for Souttar this summer.

I can't remember who told me this, but someone 'in the know' once told me that John Souttar had played with Celtic at one point but moved to Dundee United for geographical convenience and the more realistic chance of first-team appearances. HOWEVER, this may be total shite.