aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

They could win it at Old Trafford. That'd be weird. 

Why have Spurs always been playing after  Leicester the last few weeks? The Chelsea game will be their third Monday night game in a row after already knowing the Leicester score. It put more pressure on them in the title race.

Dele Alli is a nasty little shite, isn't he?

I'd like Man Utd to beat Leicester and Spurs to beat Chelsea to keep it mathematically possible.

But then Leicester can wallop Everton, meaning that they win it infront of their home fans the week after, but also in Leicester's final game, Chelsea players will have to give Leicester and Ranieri a guard of honour, as his Leicester team win the title from his former side, who have put in the worst title defence in the Premier League.

Leicester just can't celebrate winning the title next week. Vardy will be banned. This is Jamie Vardy's party.

• Upvote 1

I guess if you'd have told United fans at the beginning of the season that the title could be decided in their third to last game at home to Leicester then they'd have assumed they were in for a better season than it turned out to be.

Would be quite funny to see the Chelsea guard of honour.  The FA should make them do that whenever Leicester win it. 

Hillsborough inquest verdict - 96 unlawfully killed. 27 years it took to get the truth. Quite unbelievable.

The Sun are grudgingly reporting it. They were the very last British news outlet to both tweet it and post an article on it. Could be coincidence, but probably isn't.

Kelvin MacKenzie and Bernard Ingham will unsurprisingly be unavailable for interview for a good while, as they bury their heads in the sand.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Hillsborough inquest verdict - 96 unlawfully killed. 27 years it took to get the truth. Quite unbelievable.

The Sun are grudgingly reporting it. They were the very last British news outlet to both tweet it and post an article on it. Could be coincidence, but probably isn't.

Kelvin MacKenzie and Bernard Ingham will unsurprisingly be unavailable for interview for a good while, as they bury their heads in the sand.

Let's not forget that loveable rogue Boris Johnson's views on the matter:

https://twitter.com/KCMANC/status/724930491321847811/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

• Upvote 1

Would have been better to see Spurs win last night and then Leicester winning it at home by beating Everton. But it's deserved nonetheless. Spurs' performance last night was foul. Probably should have had 4 red cards. Clattenburg never had any control on that game. He let it boil over into carnage. 

11 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Would have been better to see Spurs win last night and then Leicester winning it at home by beating Everton. But it's deserved nonetheless. Spurs' performance last night was foul. Probably should have had 4 red cards. Clattenburg never had any control on that game. He let it boil over into carnage. 

To be fair it was just as bad coming from Chelsea as well.

It really wasn't. I didn't see many, if any, of the same type of challenges from Chelsea. Dier, Walker, Dembele, Lamela, Rose and Mason all could and should have seen a red card each. The three chops from Dier were a red card offence each. The last one on Fabregas was nasty, and he was already on a yellow, but somehow got away with it. Lamela's had two separate two-footers on Fabregas and Hazard. Dembele's eye-gouge on Costa. Rose and Walker probably had about 8 yellow card worthy challenges between them. Rose had 3 in the first 10 minutes. Clattenburg booking him early probably would have calmed the game down, but he let it spiral out of control. Hiddink getting bowled over by the tunnel was proper cunty as well. Looked like it was Rose who was trying to square up with Cesc so just shoved whoever was in his way.

Largely entertaining game. I wanted Spurs to win to keep it interesting, but as the game went on, I was glad Chelsea equalised.

• Upvote 1

Disagree.

Costa doing his usual wind up routine aside, all the bad tackles and aggression was spurs. 

Not even complaining. I fucking love a dirty game, there's just no way Chelsea were 'as bad' as Spurs yesterday.

Edit: disagreeing with alks, not Soda

Edited by ca_gere

I'm not denying there were some shocking tackles flying about, and Dembele will no doubt get a ban retrospectively, but Costa, Willian, Ivanovic were all playing in just as physical a manner as Rose, Dier, Dembele and Walker. 

It's not standard Spurs play and I'm putting it down more to the situation and passion/frustration,

It's hardly warranting the righteous indignation floating about.

I agree with the second bit. Poch has given Spurs a bit of an edge, unsurprisingly, as he was a non-nonsense player himself. Spurs definitely play the best football in the league overall, but Monday was uncharacteristic. Clearly stemmed from frustration of bottling the title, though the real damage was already done against West Brom. They probably knew it was over whether they won or not.

I did like that it was Fabregas getting smashed though, since he was gobbing off about Spurs not winning the league. He's always been a bit of a wang. Costa getting the ey-gouge was tolerable as well, because it's Costa. Would have been better if Dembele just chinned him though. He's overdue a good KO. Dele Alli would have messed him up.

End of season conclusions?

here are some of mine:

- James Milner was wasted at City. Highly capable play maker who works hard. Proved it at villa (and newcastle?) but wasn't valued at City.

- Arsenal still need a striker and a DM

- Man Utd were never as bad as made out but the league has changed dramatically since the glory days under Fergie and they can no longer take anything for granted.

- There's no longer a top 4 or 5. Any team that plays consistent football really can win the league. How much you think that will change next year? The 'big' clubs must be licking their lips at the thought of pulling away from the parity.

- Pardew is still a nob

- Martinez is a nice buy but really not that great a team manager

- Spurs should win the league next year but probably won't

- What's made for a good season in the prem has made for a bad season in Europe. I like seeing Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, etc being competitive in the champs league.