aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

United are garbage. Palace should have won that comfortably. Louis needs to take the shackles off. Everyone seems terrified of sacrificing possession. He also needs to bin Rooney.

Rooney would be doing what Rooney normally does in a system that doesn't keep everyone so restricted. Same goes for Depay, I guess.

I think he would still struggle. He's looking very slow right now. He used to be deceptively quick, but he looks like he can barely run. His technical ability looks to be rapidly deteriorating as well, similarly to Torres and Falcao. Everything just bounces off him. He can't hold the ball up, can't run in behind, sluggish to react when the ball comes near him. I can't see him improving all of a sudden, even if LvG somehow ditched everything about his teams current playing style. He needs to be dropped.

Is that not just a nickname in the same way footballers are called Stevie, Jonesy, Smithy, Broony etc etc?

EDIT= Great video, though. I'm so glad Klopp is in the PL.

The great thing is that it's both a typical footballer nickname and a way of pronouncing his real name.  Klopp makes everything simple.  Just call him 'Eye-bee' and get on with it.

His next job is to stop Emre Can kicking the ball to attackers in his own penalty area.  He'll know the German for 'Row Z Emre' though, I should think.

David Moyes has been sacked by Real Sociedad.

Apart from the against-all-odds 1-0 home scalp vs Barca last year, his record there was terrible. They have a pretty decent squad too. Definitely upper-midtable material. They're currently 2 places above the drop zone, and just got stuffed by newly promoted Las Palmas, who couldn't buy a win until yesterday. The only other sides Moyes has beaten this season are Levante and Granada who currently occupy last place and 2nd to last place in the league respectively.

I wonder if he regrets leaving Everton, where he had a solid foundation, and was probably as close to un-sackable as it gets unless he got them relegated,

I'm glad most rational people seem able to spot Pardew for the prick he is. The media can't get enough of licking the man's arse, so I'd been wondering if it was just my bitterness getting the best of me.

I love rooting against the shitebag. Dude was responsible for me actively rooting against my team so he'd get sacked. He made me hate watching football. He made losing to Sunderland and getting turned over by top 4-5 sides before the match had even begun a normal thing. He played a huge role in ushering our era of complacency, and he got rid of the most joyous player we've had in my lifetime (HBA).

Can't wait for his next grand failure.

I'm glad nothing has come of the Monk story yet. I find the level headed honest way he talks about his games very refreshing. There's none of the nonsense most managers come out with. Alex Neil is another one like that, the post match interviews after their match last week were brilliantly boring. I wouldn't want everyone to be like that but I can't stand every nobody trying to be Ferguson or Mourinho all the time.