aberdeen-music

2015/16 Soccer Thread.

Lemonade

I think BR would have been sacked even if Liverpool had beaten Everton.  He's been a dead man walking for weeks.  Yes it does seem strange he wasn't sacked in the summer after falling short of expectation but as has been stated, the two main candidates weren't available.  Given the money he has spent, he needed to hit the ground running this season and let's face facts, Liverpool have in general been pretty dire so far this season.  He was still banging on about 'rebuilding' right up to the end.  I'm not usually a fan of sacking managers so early in the season but will make an exception in this case.

This transfer committee sounds like a load of old nonsense, I hate some of the modernism's in footy.  The manager should have the final say on signing players and that is that.  Don't think Rodgers really wanted to say that grumpy, cannot be assed tosser Balotelli but it got lumbered upon him!  He is also a victim of his own success - season after last the title was there for the taking in their own hands and so scouse expectation was raised through the roof.  Yes having Suarez contributed enormously to that success but he got the whole team playing good, attacking football.  Then last season they seemed to lose the plot with uninspired signings (Ricky Lambert ha ha!) and patchy form.  If he could have at least gone and won a trophy last season it might have bought him a little more time this season.

Problem is these days Liverpool are closer to Spurs than the big Manchester clubs!  BR will end up at a higher mid table club, probably Southampton ha ha!

Rodgers gave up on some signings way too quickly, perhaps because he never really wanted them. Still some players seemed to be written off after a dodgy first couple of games whereas others would be persisted with no matter what.

I still think Lambert could have been a great signing at the price if used right.

I'm excited to have Klopp in England if he does come and if bet on him being successful.

Annoyingly, Liverpool is the perfect club for Klopp - a manager with a track record in getting the best out of seemingly average players, and not afraid to look to the reserves/youth teams for players that fit his style. Liverpool have a reasonable record in bringing players through from the academy but just-not-quite-making-it in the end. I'd wager Klopp will do a better job with that than most other viable options for the job. Apart from Curbz, obviously.

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

Woke up this morning to see the international results, gutted. Another campaign ending in disappointment and ifs and buts. No one could have expected Ireland to get 4 points 6 from against Germany but we could never afford to lose games to Georgia in a group so tight. After that first Ireland match I really thought we would at least get a play off spot, I thought we were a much better team than them. Another 4 years to have a chance I guess because World Cup qualification seems way out of reach nowadays.

With Klopp I think the only thing against him is that he seems like such a perfect fit that expectations are very high and it's easy to forget he took a few seasons at Dortmund to turn them into the team which became so popular and successful. However with Mourinho continuing to descend into madness I think Klopp will take the position of charming foreigner that the press all love and he won't get too hard a time from them.

Whether there is any long term change for good or not Blatter and Platini getting booted out of FIFA is glorious. Hopefully at the very least this will convince the next bunch of corrupt smug pricks that they will have to restrict how much of a corrupt smug prick they are a bit. Obviously someone from the outside is what's really needed though and it's hard to see that happening. If anyone in the world was possible, I'd like Arsene Wenger to get the job, stubbornly sticking to his principles would be much more useful in that job and Arsenal really are due a change.

Arsene wenger is a fantastic shout for the Fifa job. He'd be perfect.

He'd talk a big game, say all the right things, but when it came to put it into action, he'd say he's happy with everything the way it is. Like he's done for the past 10 years.

Ings and Gomez out for the season. Both done their ACLs. Blimey. That's rotten luck. Both have looked good this season. Ings has been Liverpool's most consistent forward IMO, and has shut up a lot of doubters. Gomez flew straight into the first team which was very much unexpected, and has been impressive. Shame for them both.

Ings and Gomez out for the season. Both done their ACLs. Blimey. That's rotten luck. Both have looked good this season. Ings has been Liverpool's most consistent forward IMO, and has shut up a lot of doubters. Gomez flew straight into the first team which was very much unexpected, and has been impressive. Shame for them both.

It's pretty unfortunate and I agree that they've been among Liverpool's best players so far this season.  Gomez is a big loss, particularly given his versatility and the lack of (good) defenders Liverpool have.  They have a bit more cover in attack but given that this includes Sturridge and Benteke those other options might easily find themselves on the treatment table soon as well.  They're going to have to do this to Sturridge:

CRX1NIwUAAA4AIB.png

Another Dons defeat. Shite.

Football should have just ended at half time in the match at Tynecastle, football will never be that great again. 

The sudden collapse in form and coinciding with the rumours about McInnes makes you wonder if they might be true and it's completely disrupted the squad.

Had to turn the Spurs/Liverpool game off. It was pretty much Klopp-vision, with the occasional glimpse of the game if anything happened. If Klopp's gesturing overlapped with something actually happening in the game, they'd insert a picture-in-picture Klopp-cam in the bottom corner of the screen, for either real-time Klopp activity, or replays of Klopp reactions.

The most ridiculous TV coverage since Steven Gerrard's pantomime testimonial final league game at Anfield.

seems a strange one to me this one.

I'll just stop you there. Carlton Cole has SEVEN caps for England, a country currently 10th in FIFA's rankings. If that doesn't show pedigree, I don't know what does. Plus, he's scored over 50 goals in English football, which highlights how lethal he is in front of goal. AND! He was free, is a sprightly 32 and isn't Anthony Stokes with his associated baggage.

I'll just stop you there. Carlton Cole has SEVEN caps for England, a country currently 10th in FIFA's rankings. If that doesn't show pedigree, I don't know what does. Plus, he's scored over 50 goals in English football, which highlights how lethal he is in front of goal. AND! He was free, is a sprightly 32 and isn't Anthony Stokes with his associated baggage.

I never questioned his pedigree however your stats don't change my opinion on it being a strange one. Also 69 senior goals in 14 years is less that 5 a year. Not that great a return for a striker.

like I said. He should walk it in our league but time will tell.

Edited by KSJ81