aberdeen-music

my trip to london

Moon Moon

Okay needing some tips, going to London on November the 17th to see the 1975 (the twat booked it for Cambridge corn exchange instead of Edinburgh corn exchange) but we're still going to go. just really what is there to do in london? we're staying in cambridge on the 17th and then London from the 18th to the 23rd. Flying there and back, we've booked the Crowne Plaza, so what is there to do in london apart from the usual sight seeing and shopping? ( i'll somehow escape for guitar shopping)

For a real London experience - Buy a tailored suit and a bowler hat from Saville row and just walk Around really fast early in the morning with an air of self importance, tutting at tourists. Then clock in to a soul sucking job in finance where you don't do anything of any worth but get really stressed about doing it. Later, stand proudly in the way of everyone at a wine bar where a drink costs more than your hourly wage and talk loudly about your job. Make sure to have way too much to drink so by the time you take your three buses home you're nice and ready to have a cry in front of the bathroom mirror.

• Upvote 10

It's a great walking city, so just get off the tube at a station somewhere decent and start roaming around. I found this a pretty rewarding way to experience London.

Avoid chain restaurants/bars and check-out some of the endless array of weird hipster joints, particularly in areas like Brixton and Camden. There's an amazing burger spot in Brixton Village (http://www.honestburgers.co.uk/) that's well worth looking-up if you're in the area: grab a bite there, then head to http://www.popbrixton.org/ for a few drinks. Check out Borough Market (by London Bridge tube station) and some of the bars around that area. There are so many cool independent bars/restaurants/shops in the city that there's really no need to eat at vanilla shitholes like TGI Fridays.

• Upvote 3

There's a restaurant in Cambridge where the maitre d' has one of the finest arses I've ever seen - SHE was also french and had a perm. That was about 9 years ago so she's maybe moved on and lost her spunk cracking dock.

Also, there's a pub that's owned by the drummer from The Rutles. He's a bit of a cock and was trying to not sell me 2 bottles of Moet 15 minutes before closing time. #WELLBULLINGDON.