aberdeen-music

Slipknot/Slayer

Mouse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one will ever win this argument as there are reasons why they all got to be there and there is reasons why some are ALOT more important in the band than others

someone just said that they all have their thing to bring to the music or they wouldnt be there, i have read where joey has said that craig just turned up to practise one day and no one had the balls to tell him to leave....

but.... he is an importand part of slipknot..... i saw slipknot on sunday night at glasgow and for the first time since they started using that line up they played with 8 instead of 9 as craig is undergoeing serious surgery. (but is doing really well for anyone who cares).

anyway my point is that slipknot were not up to their usual amazing standards with alot of fuck ups on stage with the sound going wrong loads etc, maybe this was partially due to craig not being there, yeah there were people backstage doin his part but surely they dont know it as well as craig and this could have caused the hiccups with the overall sound.

also i would have agreed with the part that shawn and chris dont get up to much apart from a visual thing..... until this new fucking album which totally proves that wrong, if you see them live with their marchin snare drums doing the blister exists, the preciseness of their side drumming is fucking awesome, on sunday the did the actual song iowa which involved chris and shawn providing the whole rhythm of the song with their drums which is the backbone of the song.

anyways slipknot are truly an amazing band it would never be the same with any member missing at all no matter how lesser importance his part is, as corey said himself on sunday that it was the strangest feeling ever without spikehead standing behind him banging his head about

I could sit here and point out all of the samples' date=' drum loops and general fucked up noise that he creates, but I'm not going to.[/quote']

im quite interested to know these sounds

i dont really pay that much attention to listen for individual sounds

but if u would do a small kind of idea of what to listen for then be my guest :)

I think, in true Harry Hill fashion the slipknot and slayer fans should've had a big ol fight to prove who was the best.

oh, and it would've been slayer :up:

Why on earth are slipknot going on last on the british dates?! :swearing:

slipknot = Bad.

slipknot fans dressed up as slipknot members = fucked up twats.

im not really doing anything constructive here by the way, just rambling shit. but it is MY opinion that Slayer wiped the floor clean with all the other bands. Mastodon were pretty good but too quiet to get into it properly, and i was pishin through most of them. HAtebreed were uninspiring drivel (in MY opinion for fuck sake). SLipknot put on a good show if you like that sorta thing i suppose but nothing there for me. and the singers speech about wanting to be in scotland whilst doing some award show was fucking bent).

slayer.................. :up:

Hey' date=' I've been a fan of the 'Knot since day one and think they are all ace in their own way. But Craig would not be missed if he left the band.

When you watch the DVD with that camera feature, Craig does seem to spend a vast amount of time simply furiously headbanging and not "playing" his instrument. I know he does a lot of those unsettling rumbly noises and samples, but not so much that a casual punter would notice.

Sid's fucking mental and gets the crowd going all the time. He has about as much musical input as Craig does when you see them live. You occasionally hear the odd sample or weird noise, but to be honest, they are nae really that high up in the mix.

The core of the band is obviously Jim, Mick, Joey, Corey and Pigboy. I don't think "wanky nose" Chris or Clown can even play those tin cans, sorry, drums. The others are there to create choas and are more "visual" to the whole vibe of the band. With the exception of Craig, who just stands there headbanging and never interacts with the "maggots". Sid could do his parts in the studio.

I don't think Craig could be classed as a "key" member of Slipknot at all. (Apart from the fact they would no longer be the "18 - legged hate machine." And they wouldn't have a gimp in the band any more.[/quote']

I knew you'd post in this thread once the 'peripheral members of the 'Knot' subject came up! We've had this discussion about a thousand times! :D

Nice to see that you managed to get nearly every Slipknot cliche in there as well with the exception of 'the sickness'. I'm off to sniff a dead crow in a jar that I've been keeping for a special occasion such as this...

I think' date=' in true Harry Hill fashion the slipknot and slayer fans should've had a big ol fight to prove who was the best.

oh, and it would've been slayer :up:

Why on earth are slipknot going on last on the british dates?! :swearing:

slipknot = Bad.

slipknot fans dressed up as slipknot members = fucked up twats.

im not really doing anything constructive here by the way, just rambling shit. but it is MY opinion that Slayer wiped the floor clean with all the other bands. Mastodon were pretty good but too quiet to get into it properly, and i was pishin through most of them. HAtebreed were uninspiring drivel (in MY opinion for fuck sake). SLipknot put on a good show if you like that sorta thing i suppose but nothing there for me. and the singers speech about wanting to be in scotland whilst doing some award show was fucking bent).

slayer.................. :up:[/quote']

yeh ok man thats your opinion but its a fucking shite opinon.

HATEBREED to me were the most enjoyable band that night

they played all their best songs' date=' driven by suffering, this is now, etc[/quote']

I'd have loved to see Hatebreed but they do strike me as a band that you would probably need to know their material to get the best out of them live. Bet they were good though :)

Slipknot were ace, but they were not as good as they were at Glasgow download, sound was a bit fucked up. Hatebreed i don't know much of,but -Live For This- is a great song, not much movement for it though. . Wish Slipknot had acctually played Danger-Keep Away or at least let it play through to the end. They didnt play before I forget, it rocks. or did they? i dont think they did.Anyone stay at the eurohostel?, great place for parties. Wish I was still there, hate when good times end.

I think it's really cute the way people behave on here when they are behind a monitor' date=' especially when you know of the person that is trying to act "big".

On the whole Slipknot arguement, my mate and I were discussing your arguments about Craig doing fuck all in the band. I could sit here and point out all of the samples, drum loops and general fucked up noise that he creates, but I'm not going to. What we did decide though, was that you could get rid of Sid, as he does very little, and Graig could sample Sid's parts and, as you say, "press the button" at the right times.[/quote']

Could you expand on your little rant a tad? I am genuinely intrested in all these things that craig does, have been since i first listened to slipknot. i dont think slipknot would be slipknot without any member (just to clarify), but iam curious in what it is he does on a musical level, especially if your claiming that sid does so much less than him as sid does a hell of alot (especially for someone who spends so long in the moshpit).

I just think its a shame that everyone is suddenly talking about the knot more indepth so close to the demise of the band.

. Wish Slipknot had acctually played Danger-Keep Away or at least let it play through to the end. They didnt play before I forget' date=' it rocks. or did they? i dont think they did.Anyone stay at the eurohostel?, great place for parties. Wish I was still there, hate when good times end.[/quote']

yo whats danger keep away? and nope they didnt play before i forget, and yeah i did stay at the euro hostel, are you one of the girls that was with us? if yeah which one are you?

It seems a real strange line up where slayer play with the likes of slipknot.

I think slayer are trying to cash in with more fans as their styles are so much different

I thought it was a great lineup 'cause a lot of people that'd like Slipknot might not be exposed to 'slightly' less chart-friendly bands such as Slayer, Mastodon or Hatebreed but they couldn't have ignored them that easily at the gigs ;)

Slipknot have a history of taking harder acts out and exposing them to the masses like they did with In Flames ages ago :)

yeah i ended up pretty pissed like, was cool that pints ended up only being a pound as i was low on cash but had a good time, dissapointed at the fairly shitty turn out for viking skull but they were awesome

frank regan!!!

after i left yous walking home i tried to take a short cut through some industrial looking site and a guy came out and chased me out it was pretty funny like.

cyas soon hopefully, ... yous coming through to aberdeen this weekend?

Hey hey, me kimbe and jo are going to biffy even though i dont really like em. So well be bk in old aberdeen on monday. You wanna go out and get pished again at that place, whatever it was called-it was fun. So you got home alright, thats good. There are alot of people going to biffy from macduff so we can introduce you to all the ace macduffer/banffers like last time. Becky might be cumming in to go out and get drunk as she couldn't get a ticket for reuben (biffy). If you know anyone who doesn't want to go, give us a shout. Are you going? See you Monday hopefully