aberdeen-music

Slipknot/Slayer

Mouse

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slayer were amazing but you had to admit it did drag on a bit! Yeah hatebreeds songs did sound alike, but they god the crowd going! Mastodon did bugger all for me, they were alright but slipknot did rule. and yeah the sit down thing is a bit old but you cant beat a classic lol

Guest haigyman
Slayer were amazing but you had to admit it did drag on a bit! Yeah hatebreeds songs did sound alike' date=' but they god the crowd going! Mastodon did bugger all for me, they were alright but slipknot did rule. and yeah the sit down thing is a bit old but you cant beat a classic lol[/quote']

what? excuse me? HAVE to admit it!? WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?!?! SLAYER!!! SLAYER!!!! SLAYERRRRRR!!!!!

The gig was fuckin amazing. I'm not really a fan of Mastadon but they played well. Hatebreed's circle pit was awesome, as was the "biggest fuckin pit this arena has ever seen", although getting past all of the scared kids to get into them was hard. Stayed out of the Slayer pit but I was rocking out all the same, loved their stage back-drops :love: and lighting (the crucifixes were tres cool). Wanted to hear a couple of songs that they never played but it was ace all the same. Last but definately not least were Slipknot. Ss other people have said, there was a shit-load of people there purely for them, going by all the tats and t-shirts. The pits were fucking intense, getting bruises has never been more fun! Loved the freaky masks they changed into at one point. I'm a bit pissed that Craig was absent but I'm glad they went ahead with the gig all the same.

Spent all day in Glasgow shopping, bought a shit-load of Psychopatic CD's in Avalanche and had the finest food in the Solid Rock Cafe. Fucking ace weekend, so sad it's over!

aye the gig was ACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

started a bit early tho. as we walked in at about 8 and slayer were already on stage :S

but for me anyway the highlight was always going to be slipknot and they fucking ruled

ok so they use all the crowd pleasing tactics in the book but who cares its all banter

fucking ace

one of the best gigs ive been to so full of energy!!

Guest haigyman
why? because it sounded like i had bigger balls than you?

no honey' date=' theyre called tits.

And Hatebreed were great, Slayer was great but it was SLIPKNOT'S concert without a doubt, they were awesome; those guys put on a great show. :headbang:[/quote']

...you're a man with tits?

I'm a bit pissed that Craig was absent but I'm glad they went ahead with the gig all the same.

Why on earth would they have ANY reason to cancel a show just because "the guy that presses the odd button wasnt there? I was pissing myself when he said "we got a few people here to do his job" like it takes more than an infant to press a button! (It even flashes when he has to press it....dont want him overdoing it) if they had have cancelled I would expect every venue in the world to tell them where to shove their long nosed masks come the next tour. If that guy gets a 100th of what Joey gets paid hes getting too much

Why on earth would they have ANY reason to cancel a show just because "the guy that presses the odd button wasnt there? I was pissing myself when he said "we got a few people here to do his job" like it takes more than an infant to press a button! (It even flashes when he has to press it....dont want him overdoing it) if they had have cancelled I would expect every venue in the world to tell them where to shove their long nosed masks come the next tour. If that guy gets a 100th of what Joey gets paid hes getting too much

took the words out of my mouth..... but funnier...

...actually after thinking that through... i know he pushes buttons... and they make noise...

what exactly does he do? you recon he was the gimp (y'like that? gimp? mask? gettit? dontmatter) that hung around with the band who was mentally handicapped but had a distinct skill for pushing buttons so they just gave him a random box that wasnt connected to anything and let him play band with them by hitting buttons? no but seriously... i'm lost.. does he have a button that says 'here comes the pain' on it? or does sid do that too? bleh... brain fart...

hehe me and my mate went down to guess where... thats right the travel lodge lol anyway we took mega bus and yes its cheap but a real pain in the ass u could say no pun intended. its well boring and crap on the bus lol train for me next time 15 pound with appex and a discount railcard so not that bad

OK, thats nice. I take it I have had my "ass" totally "owned" now. I had a discussion about this sort of thing with my mate on the way down to the gig. You've just proved us right. Thanks.

I think it's really cute the way people behave on here when they are behind a monitor, especially when you know of the person that is trying to act "big".

On the whole Slipknot arguement, my mate and I were discussing your arguments about Craig doing fuck all in the band. I could sit here and point out all of the samples, drum loops and general fucked up noise that he creates, but I'm not going to. What we did decide though, was that you could get rid of Sid, as he does very little, and Graig could sample Sid's parts and, as you say, "press the button" at the right times.

WHAT? get rid of sid? bugger off' date=' sid's ace! :moody:[/quote']

Sid is ace, I think that too, but I was just putting across the point that Craig does more in the band than people automatically assume. I've grown tired of arguing with people on here anyway, but that might just be because of the amount of pretentious arsehole there are on here.

You know who you are :up:

Hey, I've been a fan of the 'Knot since day one and think they are all ace in their own way. But Craig would not be missed if he left the band.

When you watch the DVD with that camera feature, Craig does seem to spend a vast amount of time simply furiously headbanging and not "playing" his instrument. I know he does a lot of those unsettling rumbly noises and samples, but not so much that a casual punter would notice.

Sid's fucking mental and gets the crowd going all the time. He has about as much musical input as Craig does when you see them live. You occasionally hear the odd sample or weird noise, but to be honest, they are nae really that high up in the mix.

The core of the band is obviously Jim, Mick, Joey, Corey and Pigboy. I don't think "wanky nose" Chris or Clown can even play those tin cans, sorry, drums. The others are there to create choas and are more "visual" to the whole vibe of the band. With the exception of Craig, who just stands there headbanging and never interacts with the "maggots". Sid could do his parts in the studio.

I don't think Craig could be classed as a "key" member of Slipknot at all. (Apart from the fact they would no longer be the "18 - legged hate machine." And they wouldn't have a gimp in the band any more.

Oh, and they've been doing the "sit down" thing on Spit It Out for years now - Time for a new gimmick, I think...........

Slipknot consist of 9 Band members and that is the way they like it, If one does more or less than another member doesn't change the fact he's in the band.

What we see is the public face of the band not what goes on in the background, i presume they all bring something to the group or they wouldn't be there.

Bez from The Happy Mondays what did he actually do in the band apart from Dance and shake the Morracca's ( sorry for the spelling ), but if he wasn't there he'd be missed.