aberdeen-music

The Kindle Thread

Spoonie

I MAY have mentioned previously that I have a Kindle and I quite like it, but I thought this might be a good opportunity with new Kindle users on the site, to some up with some unique ways of using them and getting the most from them.

Those of you new to the world of the Kindle may not know, that each Kindle has its own unique email address and you can send books and PDFs directly to it. In order to use it, all you need to do is log into your Amazon account, go to Manage Your Apps and Devices, then Your Devices, select the Kindle, and beneath that it shows you the email address.

In order to send things to it, however, you need to unblock all of the email addresses you're going to send from; In the pages mentioned above, go to the Settings tab and then scroll down and look for Approved Personal Document E-mail List and add the pages.

The (long winded) point I was hoping to make is that those of us with access to lots of ebooks, could theoretically email them to the kindles of other guys on here, meaning we spread the love and share great books.

Let me know if you're interested and we can set something up. It'd be easy enough to send an email with a pile of books to several devices at once.

• Upvote 1

5ea5erpentkindle@kindle.com if anyone wants to pass things on. I've a pretty good collection of mostly popular fiction in Kindle format, about 1000 books or so, if anyone's looking for anything give me a shout and I'll see if I have it. I have all of Stephen King's, Terry Pratchett, Chuck Palahniuk and loads of other stuff. 

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

Is the kindle unlimited subscription worth it? I'm thinking I'll probably spend more than 10 bucks a month on books anyway.

Imagine Waterstones on Union Street, and then imagine that little Bargain Books shop a couple doors up. Having Kindle Unlimited means that you're only shopping in Bargain Books. None of the stuff I want to read is ever included. I binned mine after the free month was up.

Edited by Lemon Raspberry
  • Upvote 1

Imagine Waterstones on Union Street, and then imagine that little Bargain Books shop a couple doors up. Having Kindle Unlimited means that you're only shopping in Bargain Books. None of the stuff I want to read is ever included. I binned mine after the free month was up.

If the Kindle Bargain Books has the 'Learn Sensual Massage' book that I always had a longer-than-necessary glance at the cover of as a child then it is almost certainly worth it.

• Upvote 1