aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Comings and Goings

1 hour ago, Soda Jerk said:

Was it still the EARL of Sandwich guys that did the food in the Belmont bar?

Loved that place when it was down on the Green.

Nah - stopped being the Earl about 2 years ago I think, the Earl paninis were proper tho. Bad times.

12 hours ago, colb said:

I don't know, i don't work in town any more, my sandwich game has slipped. 

I have decided to do some digging and they appear to be dead. Below is there twitter page which has not really had any posts since they closed in the Belmont 3 years ago back in 2014. They did however post a criptic tweet in 2015 which simply said "We're pivoting...", read into that what you will.

https://twitter.com/eatareallunch?lang=en

5 hours ago, Gypsum_Fantastic said:

EARL were ace. My go to now is Deja Vu on Rose Street.

Deja Vu is the business. That was by far my favourite since the demise of EARL.

I used to love Jewsters as well. They probably went out of business because you'd be given pretty much a whole pack of Bacon on a BLT.

On 31/03/2017 at 3:30 PM, Improved Thinker said:

I have heard great things about Melt Toastie café on Holburn Street.

I live in Glasgow now but when I'm back I'll nip past Melt. Can't stand the decor but if someone is willing to serve me macaroni cheese in a toastie I'll forgive bad decor. Fuck, a place could have a wall painting of Pinochet and be playing Kasabian on a loop but if they served toasties that good I wouldn't care at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎02‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:00 AM, waltz said:

I live in Glasgow now but when I'm back I'll nip past Melt. Can't stand the decor but if someone is willing to serve me macaroni cheese in a toastie I'll forgive bad decor. Fuck, a place could have a wall painting of Pinochet and be playing Kasabian on a loop but if they served toasties that good I wouldn't care at all.

Well from tomorrow you can also get milkshakes there including Cherry Bakewell and Nutella.