aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Comings and Goings

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

BTW - That article bears no resemblance whatsoever to the press release sent to the EE, which didn't mention Hawaiian, Hawaii, or "themed" in it, so fuck knows... I wouldn't have the slightest clue what a Hawaiian bar actually looks like inside.  STV did a much better job.

143okt0.jpg

It's a Samoan pub...

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

There was never a Pizza Hut on Union Street.

Yes there was - Their very first outlet in Aberdeen.  Early-mid 1980s IIRC, They moved into the former Kardomah Cafe, which was in that now empty unit between Union Bridge Waterstones and in the entrance to the Trinity Centre.

Takeaway in the downstairs bit and seating upstairs in the double-width restaurant.  Was it Laskey's (electronics/hi-fi) downstairs in part of where Waterstones is now? they remodeled the units/entrance there at some point, around the time when C&A closed and HMV moved down from near the Music Hall.

Yes there was - Their very first outlet in Aberdeen.  Early-mid 1980s IIRC, They moved into the former Kardomah Cafe, which was in that now empty unit between Union Bridge Waterstones and in the entrance to the Trinity Centre.

Takeaway in the downstairs bit and seating upstairs in the double-width restaurant.  Was it Laskey's (electronics/hi-fi) downstairs in part of where Waterstones is now? they remodeled the units/entrance there at some point, around the time when C&A closed and HMV moved down from near the Music Hall.

See? This guy remembers his memories.

Yes there was - Their very first outlet in Aberdeen. Early-mid 1980s IIRC, They moved into the former Kardomah Cafe, which was in that now empty unit between Union Bridge Waterstones and in the entrance to the Trinity Centre.

Takeaway in the downstairs bit and seating upstairs in the double-width restaurant. Was it Laskey's (electronics/hi-fi) downstairs in part of where Waterstones is now? they remodeled the units/entrance there at some point, around the time when C&A closed and HMV moved down from near the Music Hall.

A Pizza Hut on Union Street? God, I wish I could remember that...

Yes there was - Their very first outlet in Aberdeen. Early-mid 1980s IIRC, They moved into the former Kardomah Cafe, which was in that now empty unit between Union Bridge Waterstones and in the entrance to the Trinity Centre.

Takeaway in the downstairs bit and seating upstairs in the double-width restaurant. Was it Laskey's (electronics/hi-fi) downstairs in part of where Waterstones is now? they remodeled the units/entrance there at some point, around the time when C&A closed and HMV moved down from near the Music Hall.

Speaking of C&A, I still find it hilarious that there's a giant one near the TV tower in Berlin, so when you've got an amazing view of the whole city, you can't avoid seeing it too. Preise gut, alles gut!

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah. Silly me.

I was for a wander at lunch today and thought I'd head to R&B for a look as its ages since I've been in and it's now a Kenny's music. Not sure if this is mentioned elsewhere on here or not! Anyhoo I spoke to one of the guys who's up from Glasgow and he was saying they are getting some big deliveries in over the next couple of weeks.