aberdeen-music

Taking Back Sunday

Aileen

i saw them when they last played in glasgow and it wasnt that good to be honest, maybe if it had been the year before and they played at king tuts like they were supposed to then i think it would have been good.

but there were far too many screaming kids

and what is it with girls (and some guys) getting far too dressed up to go to gigs these days (i should actually use the word 'shows' because im soooooo american)

id hate to be a girl at a gig, you go to the bathroom and try to wash your hands but there are 20 other girls sorting their make up in the mirror beacause its so hot.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
i saw them when they last played in glasgow and it wasnt that good to be honest' date=' maybe if it had been the year before and they played at king tuts like they were supposed to then i think it would have been good.

but there were far too many screaming kids

and what is it with girls (and some guys) getting far too dressed up to go to gigs these days (i should actually use the word 'shows' because im soooooo american)

id hate to be a girl at a gig, you go to the bathroom and try to wash your hands but there are 20 other girls sorting their make up in the mirror beacause its so hot.[/quote']

Sorry, I just read that and had to comment. What really was the point in your third sentence there. In fact your whole post just kinda reeks of the old hardcore elitism thats really rather grating and getting a tad boring.

To be honest i saw them at the QMU show and a Manchester show and loved it because i adore TBS. I may not go to the Carling Academy show because I'm not sure I want to see them in such a large venue...but im not going to be all snobbish about it.

Nothing personal...its just Im really fed up this whole more hXc than thou attitude thats damaging music in my opinion...

Ben weapon

im just stating my opinion

gigs are usually in dark, sweaty places where you come out stinking, what is the point of making a massive effort in the way you look?

yeah i used to be really into tbs (so i wouldnt say i was somebody into hard core elitism) but i got fed up with them, just grown out of them i guess. i didnt really enjoy the gig as there were far too many people there. i think they would be much better in a smaller venue.

i am really fucking sorry you dont like the way i see things but im not some 17 year old kid who has just been to my first gig, ive been going to gigs for 8 ish years now and ive seen things change, some good, some bad.

and dont get me started on snobbish people as i wont shut up.

Guest WalkingOnGlass
im just stating my opinion

gigs are usually in dark' date=' sweaty places where you come out stinking, what is the point of making a massive effort in the way you look?

yeah i used to be really into tbs (so i wouldnt say i was somebody into hard core elitism) but i got fed up with them, just grown out of them i guess. i didnt really enjoy the gig as there were far too many people there. i think they would be much better in a smaller venue.

i am really fucking sorry you dont like the way i see things but im not some 17 year old kid who has just been to my first gig, ive been going to gigs for 8 ish years now and ive seen things change, some good, some bad.

and dont get me started on snobbish people as i wont shut up.[/quote']

fair play man...i see your points.

ive been going to shows for 12 years now...im 26...ive seen my share of ups, downs, highs, lows and changes also.

Oh and in keeping with the thread...The new TBS is better than the first and thats a tall order. That wont be a popular opinion but i adore the new record and think its slightly better. My fave track is 8..."one-eighty by summer." Incredible song.

Ben

party at mine after the gig??

im tempted' date=' who'd be game?

i reckon i'll prob have exams around that time though.....hmm....we'll see![/quote']

ill be there!!! saves me and ryan rushing for my train back to Ayr.

although that is the week of my exams, and all though ive only got one.. knowing my luck it will be on the tuesday

Guest pop-notmyface
Oi! Banned! No opinion allowed! Get back to where you came from......

New TBS is a pretty good rock record' date=' but lacks the sparkle of the debut - but hey, at least it's not the turgid piece of CRAP that the new Used album has turned out to be! Dear GOD it's bad.....[/quote']

give this man/woman a medal!