aberdeen-music

Refund

Guest killamangiro

Guest killamangiro

going through withdrawal. there's a thing called crack psychosis, or maybe he overdosed.

either way. i'm waiting to hear back from him, never even got to see him for a second today which i am pretty gutted about- did any of the lemon tree staff see him or dot allison?

I was up town last night and there was a lot of pissed off babyshambles fans... Word on the street was that he was upstairs getting smashed on coke or something, but i don't believe everything i hear on belmont street .. However it would appear the lemmon tree/the band have a fair bit of explaining to do?? Did anyone bands make it onto the stage at all?

i have been refunded by babyshambles, it was a sham.

we were informed by guys who spoke to the tour bus driver that pete took a strop earlier regarding the tour bus being boxed in and refused to play. He lost a lot of fans last night and i understand the anger of the fans and the reason for stading outside venting thier frustration with chants like pete is a waster and whos the junkie on the bus but the poor folk of the lemon tree had to suffer the brunt of abuse fights and no doubt damage. UI would love to hear thier take on it.

The guy who made the announcement was only messenger yet he was forced off stage and had to run for his own safety.

Oete needs to sort himself out and stop disappoinint, people like his music but fans are not gonna put up with this forever

Babyshambles Cancellation

The Lemon Tree would like to issue the following statement on the events surrounding the hire of the venue by Bullet UK Promotions on the evening of 29th of September 2004.

The Lemon Tree was engaged by Bullet UK Promotions for a hire of the venue to stage a performance by Babyshambles, featuring Pete Doherty formerly of The Libertines, on the 29th of September.

530 tickets were sold in advance for the performance with 280 sold via agents engaged by Bullet UK Promotions, and 250 through the Lemon Tree Box Office.

Following three support acts having played to the audience, 25 minutes after Babyshambles were due onstage, The Lemon Tree's staff were informed by Bullet UK Promotions that Doherty, who was on the band's tour bus, was unable to play, due to "having fallen down stairs".

Another member of the Babyshambles tour party then made a statement to the audience to this effect and further stated that the Babyshambles perfomance would not go ahead. Some members of the audience became unruly, with one setting off a fire alarm resulting in the building being evacuated. Our staff attempted to inform as many of the audience as possible that refunds would be available for tickets bought through our Box Office in due course, and that for tickets bought through other agents to approach the appropriate point of sale.

Full refunds for tickets bought through The Lemon Tree Box Office are available to purchasers with valid ID checkable against purchase.

Unfortunately, given the concert was a hire by Bullet UK Promotions The Lemon Tree is unable to take further responsibility for the non-appearance of Babyshambles or for refunds for purchases made through other agencies.

Customers seeking refunds for tickets bought through other agencies are advised to contact the point of sale, these being:

www.ticketweb.co.uk

(customer service - 08701 535353)

Babyshambles Ticket Hotline

0870 950 7262

I was surprised it was taken on in the firstplace, although it seems they were only hiring the venue to the promotions company. The writing was already clear on the wall from the press on his London gig and antics. But, the bottom line is that the fans were disrespectful of the faciity and staff at the Lemon Tree, and that is shocking. None of it was their doing, and it was basically un-helpful and un-necessary.

I was up town last night and there was a lot of pissed off babyshambles fans... Word on the street was that he was upstairs getting smashed on coke or something' date=' but i don't believe everything i hear on belmont street .. However it would appear the lemmon tree/the band have a fair bit of explaining to do?? Did anyone bands make it onto the stage at all?[/quote']

T'was a hire my friend, nowt to do with The Lemon Tree, our staff did the best they could under the circumstances.

Can't speak for the venue 100%, but I'd reckon there's no chance he'll play here again.

As far as I can ascertain The Lemon Tree has never seen anything like that in over 10 years in the business, and much as Pete can draw a crowd, he just aint worth that amount of aggro, and doesn't seem able to put his fans and performance above his personal problems.

Guest killamangiro
The bouncers at the lemon tree deserve to be shot.

Well one in particular does.

nice name guvna, the bouncers need to learn how to smile, i asked one with curly hair why he aint smiling, dont he like his job, he replied with i do, just dont want to do tonights work

...and he didnt have too! bless him