aberdeen-music

Aberdeen-Music Jukebox Jury

I can't really commit to this at the moment, I've enjoyed taking part in it and it's probably the best idea anyone on this forum has had in a while but I just haven't been finding the time for it lately. If enough people are interested to keep it going I might try to pop in and out but I don't feel I should get to choose albums or be relied on to keep it going.

Aye, I think that a rules revamp is in order.

Less albums and perhaps more choice on what you can review. I was thinking that maybe we could pick from a weekly new releases website perhaps? Something that caters for more than one taste... I am quite aware that most of the albums reviewed were polarising at best, and that kind of thing wont work in the long term.

Thoughts?

• 1 year later...

I propose:

10 days duration. Some people said 1 week was too short; 2 was too long. So, 10 days? Or 1 week is cool for me.

1-3 albums (or EPs). 3 are nominated, but on the understanding that people review 1, or 2, or 3, dependant on their time/tastes/inclination.

So each round someone picks 3 of his/her top 10, and preferably a variety of styles from not so famous bands, and off we go.

Who's with me?