aberdeen-music

Celebrity Dead Pool 2015

MattJimF

• 2 weeks later...

WWE legend Dusty Rhodes makes it four, and earns me points!

http://www.wwe.com/inside/dusty-rhodes-passes-away-27496030

Edit - also really sad, before his ridiculous WWF polka dot days at the end of his career he was one of the greatest of all time. The polka dot thing was Vince McMahon trying to humiliate him because they had a history of bad blood, Dusty had burned his bridges elsewhere and had to come to Vince looking for a job, polka dots was the outcome.

Edited by Lemonade Sparkle

Ted Dibiase's manservant "Virgil" around the same time was named so because it's Dusty's real name. The weird world of wrestling.

I haven't watched the wrasslin' properly since I was little, but I love stuff like this. Can you recommend any books that have ace behind the scenes stories? I imagine you're the guy to ask.

[on-topic]I'm so sorry, Christopher Lee. Usually an appearance on my list guarantees you'll live another year, but these points are bittersweet.

I haven't watched the wrasslin' properly since I was little, but I love stuff like this. Can you recommend any books that have ace behind the scenes stories? I imagine you're the guy to ask.

[on-topic]I'm so sorry, Christopher Lee. Usually an appearance on my list guarantees you'll live another year, but these points are bittersweet.

"The Death Of WCW" by R.D Reynolds covers roughly 1992 - 2001 (and a bit of history) and has a lot of insider stuff like that, on both WWE and WCW. It's pretty funny too and a good read but the bad writing jars a bit. That would be the one I'd recommend for those kind of stories. There's a couple of other good books but they mostly focus on one person, Mick Foley's first book "Have A Nice Day" is generally considered the standard but Bret Hitman Hart's is excellent too, depending on which era you watched.

Edited by Lemonade Sparkle

9 points added for Colb due to my error. He was due double points for Sam Simon.

charles_ray.jpg

Ray Charles

Age 96

5 points.

No bonuses apply.

8 points for Bigsby who scores a unique pick.

175749829.jpg

Christopher Lee

Age 93

5 points

No bonuses apply

5 points for Kirsten, James Broonbreed, Lucius, Alan Cynic, Jaseyboi

3399%20-%20dusty_rhodes%20wwf.png

Dusty Rhodes

Age 69

8 points

No bonuses apply

11 points for Lucky Rathen who scores a unique pick

1 Bigsby 45

2 Alan Cynic 26

3 Surfer Rosa 24

4 Colb 18

5 scottyboy 17

6 Scubby 14

7 Jaseyboi 13

8 James Broonbreed 11

9 Lucius 11

10 Lucky Rathen 11

11 ca_gere 8

12 Delboy1969 8

13 Kirsten 5

14 Improved Thinker 0

15 Mattjimf 0

16 Stroopy121 0

Including number of picks:

1 Bigsby - 45 - 4

2 Alan Cynic - 26 - 4

3 Surfer Rosa - 24 - 2

4 Colb - 18 - 1

5 scottyboy - 17 - 2

6 Scubby - 14 - 2

7 Jaseyboi - 13 - 2

8 James Broonbreed - 11 - 2

9 Lucius - 11 - 2

10 Lucky Rathen - 11 - 1

11 ca_gere - 8 - 1

12 Delboy1969 - 8 - 1

13 Kirsten - 5 - 1

14 Improved Thinker - 0 - 0

15 Mattjimf - 0 - 0

16 Stroopy121 - 0 - 0

"The Death Of WCW" by R.D Reynolds covers roughly 1992 - 2001 (and a bit of history) and has a lot of insider stuff like that, on both WWE and WCW. It's pretty funny too and a good read but the bad writing jars a bit. That would be the one I'd recommend for those kind of stories. There's a couple of other good books but they mostly focus on one person, Mick Foley's first book "Have A Nice Day" is generally considered the standard but Bret Hitman Hart's is excellent too, depending on which era you watched.

Ace, thank you. Early 90s is all I know so the Reynolds one sounds good!

This right here was a good series of wrassling related articles that you ought to read and is thread appropriate: http://deadspin.com/5805167/the-dead-wrestler-of-the-week-archive

Pro Wrestling Stories is not bad for getting a taster for this kind of thing, they're usually made up of snippets from various books, interviews and articles. This is the one on Dusty: http://prowrestlingstories.com/pro-wrestling-stories/vol10/

• 2 weeks later...